Original topic:

Suggestions for phone

(Topic created: 05-17-2022 06:17 PM)
userIktuwwjKWX
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

1) When selecting a photo from my Gallery, would like to have a "Gallery" button to choose which gallery the photo comes from, so I don't have to view EVERY photo in my phone to find the one I want. I thought my phone (A51) had this, but now it seems to be missing after a major "update" last night?

2) Instead of recording an audio message for a text, how about voice-to-text, so I can text quickly without typing, like my Apple friends do?

3) Also would like a feature to quickly re-size a photo to make it smaller for texting, rather than send huge MB files. 

Thank you

6 Replies
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
1. You should be able to sort your photos into albums within the gallery as you take them, making it easier to find the photo(s) that you're looking for.
2. Samsung keyboard, and others, allow you to do this. Please check your keyboard settings.
3. Simply adding a photo to Samsung Messages will automatically resize the photo due to the limits of MMS. Google Messages, and other messaging apps, do not have such such restictions.
userIktuwwjKWX
Asteroid
Options

1) Sorting the photos into an album is not the issue. The issue is when I go to find a photo, and I know what album it should be in, there is no way to select the album, it just shows all photos. I believe it used to let me choose which album to look in, but I can't find it now. 

2) Found the button for voice-to-text, thank you. 

3) If adding a photo to a text automatically resized it, I wouldn't be sending 3mb photos and getting error messages about exceeding the file size limit when I try to add a second or third photo. If you know of a setting to automatically do this I'd be grateful to know, I looked and couldn't find one. 

Thanks

Andy

DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Are you using Samsung Gallery?
sassicassx
Astronaut
Options
1) you have to reset defaults on where you want to pull pictures from
2) I use Google voice to text. It is on my keyboard toolbar.
3) choose a photo > pencil icon between the heart icon and sharing icon > 3 dots icon > resize. I have version 3.0.23.43 of photo editor on my S22 Ultra.

Hope this helps!
userIktuwwjKWX
Asteroid
Options

1) Where do I set the defaults? The issue is when I go to find a photo, and I know what album it should be in, there is no way to select the album, it just shows all photos. I believe it used to let me choose which album to look in, but I can't find it now. 

2) Found the button for voice-to-text, thank you. 

3) Ah yes, thanks for the tip about the 3 buttons. I believe Resize used to be an option on the main edit menu, wish it still was. Its kind of a pain though to have to manually do that on a dozen images. As I mentioned to the person above, if you know of a way to set it to automatically to that for texts, that would be great, or even set the camera to shoot smaller files. 

Thanks,

Andy

SourPatch98
Astronaut
Options
Hey 20220616_175220_3234_1655419942.jpg
0 Likes