Original topic:

Text Messaging App

(Topic created on: 2/27/21 3:00 PM)
userl4hCbnc1Ko
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I would like to see the Samsung text messaging app have an option to resend a text message to someone by pressing on the original sent message and having an option to resend. #feature request
6 Replies
Options
They do have the "Resend" option for text messages that failed to be sent or received, denoted by a red eclimation point, buy pressing and holding the message and selecting that option. You can pretty much do a resend of any message by pressing and holding the message in question, scroll through options to share, then select either the recipients name or messages and then their name. Or just copy, paste in text line, send.... Screenshot message, then select the screenshot and resend.
0 Likes
userl4hCbnc1Ko
Astronaut
Options
I know you can if the message is flagged as not being sent but sometimes it will show sent but the recipient did not receive it so if you press the message even though it shows sent there is no resend option. I would like to see a resend option even if it shows as sent.
Options
I got you... I was simply providing a few ways you could accomplish kind of the same thing till/if it gets fixed... the share, message, recipient, like 3 clicks and done. Advanced messaging or not?
0 Likes
userl4hCbnc1Ko
Astronaut
Options
I appreciate the insight and it has given other options. The resend would be much easier.
Options
yes it would
0 Likes
CLF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

Hey, 

@userl4hCbnc1Ko

I would turn on show delivery reports for sms and mms. 

Since we don't have a re-send option a decent workaround might be to use the forward option. 

I think you might want to tag this as a feature request. The developers will be able to easily find it when they search in the community forums. 

Best regards, 

CLF 

0 Likes