Original topic:

The Fees on the Blockchain app are FRAUDULENT! Wayy too high. They're stealing.

(Topic created on: 2/11/21 3:49 PM)
Law13
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I've been using the Samsung block chain app for a couple of days.

Yesterday I noticed when I was trying to withdraw less than $100, I was being charged and ethereum fee that was the sum of $327 ..

actually if I tried to move any amount of money it charges me the same exact amount....

If these fees have not been updated in months then it would make sense that they were trying to charge $40 or $20 a transaction (the prices of ethereum months ago)

Currently all my money is locked in my wallet because I refuse to pay these outrageous fees.

*Update*
 I learned about Gas Limits & Prices.

It magically adjusted my rates down to under $30 after I posted... Coincidence?

I still believe that that was a massive error... To be showing a fee of $324..

I feel bad for the unlucky saps that actually paid the whole 324 :sad_but_relieved_face:

4 Replies
TJWhiteStar
Asteroid
Options

How did you sort this issue out?

I'm getting the same issue and it is trying to get me to pay £300+ to transfer £50 in USDC to my other wallet.

This is absolutely ridiculous as it is daylight robbery. 

Law13
Astronaut
Options
It seems a few different services are calculating the fees wrong because they're putting the decimal place in the wrong place.... So we're paying 10 to 100 times more with we're supposed to...

because of a coding glitch..
TJWhiteStar
Asteroid
Options

Wow that is horrendous. I can't believe a company like Samsung, who wants you to use thier app and Knox, can make such a mistake. They are obviously not giving it priority as it has been like this for months and my funds are stuck in there unless I pay 6 times thier value just to move a small amount.

Terrible 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:

Thank you for the reply 

Law13
Astronaut
Options
I don't even think it's samsung. I think Its whatever exchange they use
0 Likes