Original topic:

The Galaxy store isn't supported in your country.

(Topic created: 11-16-2022 05:33 AM)
Tomalisa
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hi, this has been bothering me for a while, I bought my s22 ultra in the US and everything is fine until I switch my sim card from att to a Chinese sim card. All of a sudden, the galaxy store stopped me from entering, so does the Samsung members app (I am on my z fold 4 with the att sim card now btw). Why is this happening? Does that mean I lost access to those Samsung apps if I am not using US carrier? Isn't my device supposed to be unlocked in every aspect? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Tomalisa
Astronaut
Options
I contacted Samsung support and they say they never have that issue reported while I can easily find a post in Samsung community discussing about this problem THREE years ago. This is very disappointing.
0 Likes
Yamialex224
Neutron Star
Options
Can you really expect them to have info from 3 or more years ago. That's a bit unfair to a company that gets billions of reports a day
0 Likes
Tomalisa
Astronaut
Options
That's not just a single report and not just from 3 years ago, that's only the earliest I can find and there are more than a few reports throughout these years.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Tomalisa The Chinese government has extreme censorship on everything. It is no surprise that you can't access items with a Chinese SIM card installed. This has zero to do with what your phone allows and is completely determined by what the Chinese government allows. 

0 Likes
Tomalisa
Astronaut
Options
I have found same issues reported by users from several countries, and I believe it is a policy and some updates in CSCs that blocked the access.
Options
Absolutely right. You'll have to get a Chinese variant (SM-S9080) to fix this issue.
0 Likes