Original topic:

Theme overriding notification sounds

(Topic created: 09-09-2022 09:01 AM)
userDdJiGxvvgs
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Help please! I've always used Samsung themes for different holidays / seasons.. I've used this same Halloween theme before and never had this issue before.. I always go back into each app and change different notification sounds for types of notifs ( different sounds for messages, work, games, etc ) , but even when I go in to change them, the theme sound is still the one used.. Is there a sort of.. Master button that I missed before that I need to hit in order to be able to change the notifications sounds for each app?? Thanks so much in advance! 
6 Replies
emmalee0512
Asteroid
Options
I used to change the sounds for a certain one or two of my apps but never did when I got my phone like 9 months ago. I just went to finally sit down and customize that part now and now the individual apps don't even give the option to choose a sound now. I was assuming it must have been a setting Samsung took away, which is really sad!
0 Likes
userDdJiGxvvgs
Astronaut
Options
Yess me too! The way I had to do it was.. I had to change the 'all notifications' sound, under a third party app ( I use Zedge for all my sounds ), and then I could change the specific ones after that! For some reason, the Samsung themes themselves won't let you override notif sounds for individual apps, but if you change the all notif sound to something, then you can do the individuals on top of that 😊

I hope that made sense!
emmalee0512
Asteroid
Options
Okay thanks I'll try that! I have used Zedge on browser before just to download one or 2 things but I'll get the app and try that.

I shop for instacart and like to set the instacart app to a different sound so that I'll know when I'm cooking or cleaning or whatever that an order popped up. I hate running to go look at my phone just to find out it's a random unimportant notification. 😒
0 Likes
userDdJiGxvvgs
Astronaut
Options
That is EXACTLY why I use mine the way I do! Instacart is Mario's 'coin' sound, my games are simple dings, and the rest is a pretty seasonal sound I enjoy 😂
0 Likes
emmalee0512
Asteroid
Options
Haha it definitely works! I got my phone like 9 months ago and never reset the sounds, but I had kinda stopped instacart for awhile too. Now that I'm starting to do more lately, I went back in and tried to do the settings. I used to have this default noise on my S20 phone that was called piano and it was a really quick and upbeat notification. I used that for years for IC so my brain would easily still be in jump mode if I heard that, but that sound is gone. Guess I'll have to retrain my brain with a new sound. I like your Mario coin idea--I might use that if I can figure it out 😄
0 Likes
userDdJiGxvvgs
Astronaut
Options
I run a small business so Instacart is Mario coin and anything related to my business website is a cash register 😅 money sounds definitely get my attention!
0 Likes