Original topic:

Transfer contacts, photos, etc. from broken phone to new phone?

(Topic created: 06-24-2022 05:40 AM)
erinoneill
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Help! I'm old so don't get it. Why can't ANYONE tell me how to transfer data, pics, contacts, email addresses, etc to my new phone? Like I'm just supposed to let it all go? He'll no!
 I KNOW THERE IS A WAY AND I KNOW ITS NOT HARD NOR IMPOSSIBLE! **bleep**? I've been in PERSON to t-mobile and also metro! Nobody knows **bleep**! Can someone help me. Jeez, you'd think I was trying to do something UNHEARD OF!
10 Replies
Yamialex224
Supernova
Options
Smart switch
erinoneill
Astronaut
Options
Ty. You guys are awesome!
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
How broke is your old phone? How is it broken? If it's completely dead, there's no way that I know of to retrieve the data.
erinoneill
Astronaut
Options
Shoot! Yep. It's completely unsalvagable! Thanks anyway!
0 Likes
Kandee1
Constellation
Options
If you have a Google account on old phone usually it will transfer to new phone if you have it set to backup your account I believe. I just switched to a new phone and used Smartswitch like was mentioned earlier but as far as I can tell Google always works to move everything I have on my phone.
0 Likes
erinoneill
Astronaut
Options
Ty kandee
Mrclean
Asteroid
Options
The only way to even get stuff back is you better hope it was backed up to Google or Samsung cloud. If the phone is broke and screen does not work there is no way to get the information without a cloud backup. Been doing this for 6 years.
erinoneill
Astronaut
Options
Awesome! You've given me hope! I always backed it up! So do I just go to Google cloud? Sorry to bug you.
0 Likes
Mrclean
Asteroid
Options
Go to your accounts page in settings and there should be a restore option in there under Google
0 Likes