JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Trouble with app & Samsung

(Topic created: 07-19-2022 09:09 PM)
useriCqqfZGt1I
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Fold

I was told to post here from a rep on Samsung Twitter. I have been having a problem between my z fold and Instagram. For the past week and a half I haven't been able to post reels to any of my accounts on Instagram. It states video can't be posted. I have updated my phone and updated the app as well. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. I have cleared cache as well as check my internet connection which is all fine. I have tried to use different sounds and ways to post and still nothing. I have 3 accounts, 2 creator accounts and 1 private and still none work. I've reported it and Instagram is no help. I know it's a z fold issue because I charged my old note and it works fine. I bought my phone in November of 2021 and it was working fine until recently. Hopefully this issue can be solved soon because I just bought my phone and I don't wanna get a new one so soon. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, I can certainly understand how frustrating it is when apps are not working properly. Let's give these a try. 

1. Like the first comment says, have you cleared the cache on your device and/or app?
Here are the steps to clear the cache on the app:
• Go to the Home screen. To open the menu, swipe up or down on the screen.
• Choose Settings.
• Scroll down. Choose Apps.
• Choose an application, in this case, scroll down and choose Google Play Store.
• Choose Storage.
• To delete the cache, choose Clear cache.
• To delete the data, choose Clear data.
• Choose OK.
• The cache and the data have been deleted. Return to the Home screen.

Here are the steps to clear the cache on your device:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KqHtao-WgU

2. Have you tried to factory data reset your device? This may just set any out of place settings back to where they need to be. 
Here are the steps to factory data reset your device:
go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset. Then tap Reset and Delete all

3. If none of the above steps work and you've already reached out to the apps developer you can submit an error report. 

Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports

View solution in context

3 Replies
CtrlZThis
Comet
Options
Galaxy Fold
I don't have Instagram so my help is limited. Have you tried to wipe your cache? The hard way I mean? Restart your device, as it's booting up hold down both the power and volume down button together. When you see the little Android release them, volume down button to Wipe Cache then power button to confirm. It will literally take 1 second then the option list will appear again. Click restart. After it reboots try Instagram again.

If that doesn't work, and it did work on your fold before prior to this, I would do a factory data reset. I know it can be a pain to most, but it fixes most problems for me.

You can back up your data prior, use smart switch if you like but omit Instagram. Reload that fresh and don't carry any data over from a prior load.

Wish you well and good luck!
0 Likes
userj0Yks5b17N
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Fold

This same thing is happening to me. So frustrating! 

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Fold

Hello, I can certainly understand how frustrating it is when apps are not working properly. Let's give these a try. 

1. Like the first comment says, have you cleared the cache on your device and/or app?
Here are the steps to clear the cache on the app:
• Go to the Home screen. To open the menu, swipe up or down on the screen.
• Choose Settings.
• Scroll down. Choose Apps.
• Choose an application, in this case, scroll down and choose Google Play Store.
• Choose Storage.
• To delete the cache, choose Clear cache.
• To delete the data, choose Clear data.
• Choose OK.
• The cache and the data have been deleted. Return to the Home screen.

Here are the steps to clear the cache on your device:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KqHtao-WgU

2. Have you tried to factory data reset your device? This may just set any out of place settings back to where they need to be. 
Here are the steps to factory data reset your device:
go to Settings > General Management > Reset > Factory data reset. Then tap Reset and Delete all

3. If none of the above steps work and you've already reached out to the apps developer you can submit an error report. 

Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports