JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Tv picture on dark scenes

(Topic created: 10-06-2021 03:49 PM)
Cabinetbob
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Why does the dark images on my TV look like large bitmaps?  It's shadowy, looks blotchy.  This is a UN70TU7000FXZA.,. Think the term is called  mosaic.  

Normal scenes look great. My Xbox looks great.  I see this on my Netflix. I use a lan rather than the Wi-Fi.  The TV is barely a year old but this has been a issue since day one. I use the movie mode. I don't get it. Anyone else have this problem? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, Cabinetbob! I can definitely understand wanting to have your picture looking good at all times. I would recommend checking some of the picture settings within the television and testing it out using some of the other picture modes. Also, depending on what you're watching, if it's an older movie sometimes this could be the reason. The television will only promote whatever the signal or resolution is of that particular show or movie, and while it will try to upscale to the best of its ability, you'll still have a 720 resolution if the movie was shot in that resolution. , It could be a network speed-related issue, If you're streaming a movie from an application. I don't believe that there is an issue with the television itself as if there was this would be occurring on multiple sources and channels including the Xbox. 

Summary:

1. Make sure Firmware is up to date

2. Check your network settings - (you can try to manually change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 by going into the network settings and change it to manual and enter this in the DNS section This sometimes will create an easier path to our servers) 

3. Check out the different picture modes to see if it makes this disapate

4. Finally if none of the above worked, it would be the signal that's causing this. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello, Cabinetbob! I can definitely understand wanting to have your picture looking good at all times. I would recommend checking some of the picture settings within the television and testing it out using some of the other picture modes. Also, depending on what you're watching, if it's an older movie sometimes this could be the reason. The television will only promote whatever the signal or resolution is of that particular show or movie, and while it will try to upscale to the best of its ability, you'll still have a 720 resolution if the movie was shot in that resolution. , It could be a network speed-related issue, If you're streaming a movie from an application. I don't believe that there is an issue with the television itself as if there was this would be occurring on multiple sources and channels including the Xbox. 

Summary:

1. Make sure Firmware is up to date

2. Check your network settings - (you can try to manually change the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 by going into the network settings and change it to manual and enter this in the DNS section This sometimes will create an easier path to our servers) 

3. Check out the different picture modes to see if it makes this disapate

4. Finally if none of the above worked, it would be the signal that's causing this. 

View solution in context

0 Likes