Original topic:

Two 'Samsung Pass' apps listed on device

(Topic created: 12-02-2021 05:34 PM)
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Going through my apps getting rid of ones I no longer use and I came across now 2 'Samsung Pass' applications with different versions listed. There was only 1 last night when I was on the phone with Samsung Tech support and I haven't been around anyone today for them to physically access my device. 
So where, and how, did this find its way onto my phone?

Cover image

First apps version: 1.0.04.1
Second apps version: 3.0.04.1
5 Replies
userQzR9T1fc5t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Mine does that .I have reported it and the only fix for mine is replace the 1.0.04.1 with factory version and it then only shows the 3.0.04.1 in the apps. It only started since Android 12.and I still haven't got a straight answer either 😕.
0 Likes
userQzR9T1fc5t
Cosmic Ray
Options
Uninstall updates on 1.0.04.1 that's what worked for me and it disappeared
0 Likes
usereAsIv6Q4HS
Constellation
Options

I tried the "uninstall updates" trick and it worked, temporarily.  However, the next time I switched on my phone the Galaxy store told me I had updates for Samsung pass so I clicked it and it reinstalled version 1. Did the uninstall trick again and just ignored the  Galaxy store prompts to update Samsung pass, after a few days they stopped, but the phone had reinstalled version without asking! Infuriating!! Sort it out Samsung!!

0 Likes
usereAsIv6Q4HS
Constellation
Options

In the end I resorted to using a PC app not in the playstore, but there is a thread on xda developers which allayed my concerns about using it, ADB AppControl was what I used and it worked, only one Pass app and the old version hasn't come back.

0 Likes
Options
I'll have to look into it and give it a shot. Nothing has worked thus far, I'll update later if it works or not. Thank you 🙌
0 Likes