Original topic:

Uber Companion App

(Topic created on: 9/24/20 5:55 AM)
userLaGi2dPo9Z
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi, just got a new Samsung watch and I am trying to install and setup Uber on the watch.

I have Uber setup installed and working on the phone but cant get it running on the watch.

I also have the Samsung Uber companion app installed but when I click login, it fails..

Looks like the URL its going to is :- https://uber.gearauth.com/redirect.php

but this doesnt resolve.

anyideas?

Cheers

11 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

What type of watch are you using?

What device do you have paired with your watch?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQYRXRrbJa2
Astronaut
Options

I also tried to install Uber for Gesr app on Samsung Active 2 watch, when setting up it requires to access website https://uber.gearauth.com/redirect.php which time-out and so I can't complete setting up tge uber app on tge watch. Please assist.

userLaGi2dPo9Z
Constellation
Options

Hi 

The phone is a S10 and the watch is a watch 3.

Does the URL above work for you?

Cheers

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

The link also fails when I try to access it. I recommend reaching out to Uber for assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
user9rAzAQW2F1
Astronaut
Options

Hi.  I am having the same issue that when the Uber Companion App calls that URL :  https://uber.gearauth.com/redirect.php  it times out because that URL is not available.

I should think that SAMSUNG should reach out to UBER to resolve this Galaxy Store APP issue.

Many like me have spent a considerably amount of money on a new Galaxy Watch 3.

Only to find out that a major app like UBER does not work.

I also mention that Samsung had FALESELY ADVERTISED that O2 (UK Carrier) was able to provision eSIM LTE links for the Watch 3 cell radio.

I have yet to see this advertised feature rolled out.

SAMSUNG should contact UBER and tell them that thier app WEbview page is redirecting to a URL that is hardcoded in the app that is a dead link.

Either put up the code for the SSO AUTH redirect on that URL, or change the URL in the Companion APP.

It should NOT be up to USERS to resolve these very minor technical issues that destroy the feature rich experience that we have gievn you our money for.

Thanks!

userO4yAbNrCGd
Constellation
Options

Same problem here, Note 10+ and Watch 3 with latest sw installed. This is not something users can fix, Samsung should contact Uber and have it fixed, used to work on my original watch so I'm sure it's either a sloppy update or a relocated website. Not a good position for Samsung to have broken apps on its store.

savstd
Astronaut
Options
justError Code: 16000
Request Id: 7516a480-fc12-463c-a9f0-3a738a6f4b02
Correlation Id: 6595381f-dbef-472e-9db1-3554457f2900
Timestamp: 2021-01-06T06:44:57.667Z
0 Likes
user3RVeuGQawK
Astronaut
Options

Hi

I just brought a samsung galaxy watch 3 and im haveing issues setting up Uber on my watch.

Looking at past post there are other people with the same issues

Can anyone tell me if this has been resolved and if so how do I get uber working on my watch

your help would be appresheated 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Members_C4HUDRw
Astronaut
Options

Same problem on S21 Ultra and Galaxy Watch 3. How has Samsung not resolved this issue in 5 months?

0 Likes