JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Store and Themes: Connectivity Issues

(Topic created: 06-20-2022 10:58 AM)
Amz_I_Am22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hello, I've been trying to contact Samsung in regards to not being able to connect to the Galaxy Store or Theme store. I have tried using every method from clearing out cache, restarting, re-download...you name it. I have internet connection and wifi but I still keep receiving error messages for connection issues. I go onto both apps daily and for the past 2 days, I have not. Some of the error messages I am receiving are: 

"Something went wrong connecting to Galaxy Store" UHE: 202e8713e001 
OR
"Connect to a network to browse Galaxy Themes" 110 Unknown Host/77221/C100003

I'm hoping I can speak with someone in regards to this situation and try to possibly fix this without having to do a factory reset. 
29 Replies
Mike2022
Asteroid
Options
Amz_I_Am22
Cosmic Ray
Options
This setting was on automatic and then I tried to turn it off and still ended up having the same error message. 😔
Members_OsMMjQw
Astronaut
Options

This is the issue.  I use the same custom DNS and can confirm the Galaxy store works when I bypass DNS with a VPN.  Fix it Samsung.  I couldn't even log into this mobile site w/o VPN just to reply to this comment.

0 Likes
JDMotes
Halo
Options

Same for me. Tried everything but still get that error message about "Something went wrong connecting to Galaxy Store, try again later"...

Amz_I_Am22
Cosmic Ray
Options

I wonder if this is their way of forcing us to upgrade 😆 I love my Note 20 Ultra, in fact the S22 has almost the same specs, just newer.

0 Likes
JDMotes
Halo
Options

Okay: just now went to Settings>Connections>MoreConnectionSettings> and set DNS to automatic Now its working again.

0 Likes
Amz_I_Am22
Cosmic Ray
Options
Lol! Wish I was that lucky 😆
0 Likes
Mike2022
Asteroid
Options
I haven't tested this with a VPN since I don't use one but I have a feeling that those may be affected as well. These settings can be set either on your device or on your router. I only know for a fact that the DNS was my issue. I set it up through my router and also tested it by setting up the DNS through my phone and in both cases it caused the Galaxy Store App to stop connecting.
Options

I had to change my router to use open DNS instead of Google DNS.