Original topic:

Unable to access Secure Folder

(Topic created: 11-13-2022 09:03 AM)
userd60ikviKun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

S22 Ultra on September 5th update.

I set up Secure Folder at some point and can't remember the password. Now, I have a permanent notification stating that the Secure Folder is locked. When I tap the notification, it asks for my Secure Folder password. I enter something wrong, and it says I need to wait 30 seconds before trying again. I never get the Forgot Password Link that has been mentioned here. At this point, I'd rather just remove the Secure Folder but every time I try to access the Secure Folder settings, I am asked for the password. Any suggestions?

35 Replies
Options
Galaxy S22
Are you signed into your samsung account? If you are, you should get the "forgot password" if you enter the pin# incorrectly. Then it'll prompt you to verify your account by sending you a text. You can check if you're logged in through Settings / Accounts and Backup / Manage Accounts. Then select your samsung account and confirm that you're logged in.
userd60ikviKun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes. I confirmed I am signed in to my Samsung account via Settings. I am still not getting the forgot password link.
Solution
Options
Galaxy S22
Ok, then if you're logged in, you should be able to go to your Samsung account settings / security and privacy / account recovery methods. From there, they'll ask you to confirm your account by sending you either a text or email, and after that, you should be able to reset your secure folder password. 20220906_173010_7392_1662499940.jpg
userd60ikviKun
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
Thank you for trying to help. I had a recovery phone set but not email, so I set up the recovery email. Secure Folder still did not give me the option of a password reset. I restarted the phone and then entered in the wrong password 3 more times, waiting out the 30 second countdown each time. After which, I was presented with a link to uninstall the Secure Folder. This has resolved my issue.

For future readers, I'd recommend ensuring you have a recovery email set before setting up your Secure Folder as it appears as though recovery through phone number is not an option and a recovery email cannot be added after the fact.
SSBN640
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This is not a solution. I am on a S22 and have none of the screens you are describing. Every time I enter an incorrect password it keeps doubling the time until I can try again. I am up to a 2 hour wait now!! this is ridiculous.

Options
Galaxy S22
Try this and let me know if it works:
Go to Settings / Accounts and backup / Manage Accounts / Scroll down and select your Samsung Account / My Profile / Security and Privacy / Account Recovery Methods / then select Forgot Password
SSBN640
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I can navigate through all of that and have all the different methods available for "Samsung account " recovery but that has no influence on this S22 platform to allow reset or "forgot password" windows for the Secure Folder. It apparently has its own password, I've forgotten it, and there are no alternatives for accessing it so far. 🤷
Options
Galaxy S22
Go to Settings / Biometrics and security / Scroll down to Secure Folder / after entering an incorrect pin number, it should give you an open for "Forgot Pin". Please let me know if it works.
SSBN640
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Believe it or not I now have to wait 4 hours to try again!! If I enter the random incorrect number it just goes straight to the timed lockout.