cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Using Bixby to toggle a setting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been trying to Automate my Media setting but, to date, have failed to succeed.  

To get Bixby or Google to toggle my media settings will I need to Root my phone? An option I would not consider doing, but just wondering.

I just want to be able to turn it off and on depending on a trigger; like when I put my headset on or touch an NFC tag.

Michael
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Using Bixby to toggle a setting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @mikecox39, I hope your day is going well.

You can use Bixby Routines which is built in to your phone to get the tasks done. Simply navigate to: Settings>Advanced features>Bixby Routines.

From there, you'll want to create a routine by pressing the "+" on the top right. A good routine setup for what you want would be to set:

IF: Select wired headphones (or if your using a Bluetooth headset, select Bluetooth device.) [You'll then have an option for what you want it to do when it's either connected or disconnected. For now, let's go with the connected option.]

THEN: Media volume (then set it to whatever level you'd like. You can also set any other media options here as well.)

By default, I think once the routine is done running, it reverts whatever it changed so you likely wouldn't need to create a disconnected routine (that runs after your headset was disconnected) but if it doesn't auto revert settings, just create another routine but instead of the headset being connected, select disconnected. Also, on the THEN option, you'd set the media volume to zero or whatever you'd like it at.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further instruction. Have a great day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @mikecox39, I hope your day is going well.

You can use Bixby Routines which is built in to your phone to get the tasks done. Simply navigate to: Settings>Advanced features>Bixby Routines.

From there, you'll want to create a routine by pressing the "+" on the top right. A good routine setup for what you want would be to set:

IF: Select wired headphones (or if your using a Bluetooth headset, select Bluetooth device.) [You'll then have an option for what you want it to do when it's either connected or disconnected. For now, let's go with the connected option.]

THEN: Media volume (then set it to whatever level you'd like. You can also set any other media options here as well.)

By default, I think once the routine is done running, it reverts whatever it changed so you likely wouldn't need to create a disconnected routine (that runs after your headset was disconnected) but if it doesn't auto revert settings, just create another routine but instead of the headset being connected, select disconnected. Also, on the THEN option, you'd set the media volume to zero or whatever you'd like it at.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further instruction. Have a great day!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank-you so much. 

I thought"Bixby Routines" only toggled the option on and off, I didn't realize there was a long press option. I have only found the Quick Commands option where there is no IF/Then option, and no "Mobile Date" option". Finally, I can toggle that option! This makes all the difference in the world!

That said, the routine does not revert to status anti and the only Trigger available is for when the device is "connected", there doesn't appear to be a "disconnected" option. I tried a Long press on the trigger but it doesn't change. way to reverse the trigger to make it "when disconnected"?

I thought I might use the "At Home" routine, it turns Mobile data off and WiFi On but that doesn't work.  I can't create an "I'm Home" Quick Command because there is no Mobile Data option there.

Michael