Original topic:

Video camera turns itself off.

(Topic created: 09-29-2021 09:20 AM)
m005kennedy
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have to say this is frustrating sometimes. It will shut off after about 20 seconds sometimes.  I turned edge sensitivity off thinking I might have been turning it off accidentally. Sometimes I use an app that locks the video camera on to avoid this. The app limits what I can access fir features on A52 5g.  I'd like to just be able to use the native camera. Is the there a way to lock the video camera on? What could I be doing wrong?
0 Likes
5 Replies
clarabell
Astronaut
Options
If you are dealing with a s21 in any format I am pretty sure it is a known issue that I am experiencing also. I took my phone to you break I fix at samsungs request they said known issue ordered me another brand new s21 on samsung... guess what same deal
0 Likes
m005kennedy
Astronaut
Options
I've got a A52 5g. I'll check that out.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Hi, I am sorry to hear you are having camera problems. If your phone is displaying a "Camera Failed" message, freezing, lagging, or the preview is not displaying, the good news is that it's most likely a software issue and not a physical issue with the camera. Give these steps a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001329/

You can also try wiping your device's cache partition. The steps for that are: 

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the Power button (located on the upper-left edge) for approximately 10 seconds or until the device power cycles.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the upper-left edge) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until "RECOVERY BOOTING" appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Please let me know if this helps. 

0 Likes
m005kennedy
Astronaut
Options
My A52 5g does not have a button on the upper left edge. Are you talking about a physical button? I had to turn off edge sensitivity because I couldn't hold the without hitting a edge software type button while a was recording video.
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

You would just hold Volume Up then do Power. The Home Button was only included since some older model devices have that.

0 Likes