cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userShoDOGupc2
Constellation

Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the note 8 allow you to answer or reject calls by voice?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nathansgrl1
Asteroid

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!  I know I am a little late,  And you all may have gotten your solution already, but I recently upgraded to the note 8 and had been trying to figure this out myself. Hence,, how I came across this thread. I found that during  an incoming call, you need say "Hi Bixby" then "accept"  If you want to answer or "decline"  If you do not. ☺  I found this by going into Bixby settings, then voice apps and services, and then choosing phone.

View solution in original post

Reply
Loading...
52 REPLIES 52
userPEIb76LXtC
Constellation

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Incredibly Samsung designers replaced voice answering feature with self answering one. So no, and in my opinion whoever came up with this decision should definitely be fired. Who does that? Is there anyone in the world that would want his/her phone self-answer every phonecall at any given time and place??? That is just plain stupid!

I've upgraded my note edge to note8 as well, and began wondering if I didn't just downgraded, and that is because few other missteps Samsung did on this one i.e. no more true edge screen  like the note edge one had, camera downgraded from 16mp to dual but 12mp, and few more....

 

 

Reply
Loading...
Highlighted
Dbarnes719
Asteroid

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userPEIb76LXtC wrote:

Incredibly Samsung designers replaced voice answering feature with self answering one. So no, and in my opinion whoever came up with this decision should definitely be fired. Who does that? Is there anyone in the world that would want his/her phone self-answer every phonecall at any given time and place??? That is just plain stupid!

I've upgraded my note edge to note8 as well, and began wondering if I didn't just downgraded, and that is because few other missteps Samsung did on this one i.e. no more true edge screen  like the note edge one had, camera downgraded from 16mp to dual but 12mp, and few more....

 

 


On the camera aspect the higher mega pixels are only needed in instance of blowing up pictures ( if you do my apologies)  but going from 16 down too 12 is really in a day too day use not a big deal

Reply
Loading...
Giman2
Cosmic Ray

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Its a big deal because the price went up. Being able to zoom in and crop pictures is an important feature.
Reply
Loading...
userrmUx2b71CP
Constellation

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Dbarnes719 wrote:

@userPEIb76LXtC wrote:

Incredibly Samsung designers replaced voice answering feature with self answering one. So no, and in my opinion whoever came up with this decision should definitely be fired. Who does that? Is there anyone in the world that would want his/her phone self-answer every phonecall at any given time and place??? That is just plain stupid!

I've upgraded my note edge to note8 as well, and began wondering if I didn't just downgraded, and that is because few other missteps Samsung did on this one i.e. no more true edge screen  like the note edge one had, camera downgraded from 16mp to dual but 12mp, and few more....

 

 


On the camera aspect the higher mega pixels are only needed in instance of blowing up pictures ( if you do my apologies)  but going from 16 down too 12 is really in a day too day use not a big deal



@Dbarnes719 wrote:

@userPEIb76LXtC wrote:

Incredibly Samsung designers replaced voice answering feature with self answering one. So no, and in my opinion whoever came up with this decision should definitely be fired. Who does that? Is there anyone in the world that would want his/her phone self-answer every phonecall at any given time and place??? That is just plain stupid!

I've upgraded my note edge to note8 as well, and began wondering if I didn't just downgraded, and that is because few other missteps Samsung did on this one i.e. no more true edge screen  like the note edge one had, camera downgraded from 16mp to dual but 12mp, and few more....

 

 


On the camera aspect the higher mega pixels are only needed in instance of blowing up pictures ( if you do my apologies)  but going from 16 down too 12 is really in a day too day use not a big deal


I know this post is really late. But if you think there isn't much difference between 12mp and 16mp cameras, your greatly mistaken. The difference is like night and day. I'm not happy at all with the S8 camera. I wish I had just dine a refurbished S7 swap rather than upgrading (down) to an S8.

Reply
Loading...
rachell6176
Constellation

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks.....I thought I was losing my mind. Wonder if it could be brought back in the next update.?
Reply
Loading...
userR7IX7ILzgM
Constellation

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having an option in call settings to answer and reject without bixbys help I believe is essential for users who don't use bixby by time. Please Samsung add it to an update. Make us all happy and proud to be loyal!

Reply
Loading...
userR7IX7ILzgM
Constellation

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Correction 

Who don't use Bixby all the time!

Reply
Loading...
medic303
Asteroid

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know this is WAY late but I hate Bixby

Reply
Loading...
userIMIUpXq0cP
Constellation

Re: Voice answer or reject

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Awesome 


@userR7IX7ILzgM wrote:

Having an option in call settings to answer and reject without bixbys help I believe is essential for users who don't use bixby by time. Please Samsung add it to an update. Make us all happy and proud to be loyal!


Awesome 

Reply
Loading...