JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice answer or reject

(Topic created: 03-05-2018 12:11 PM)
PaulBulman
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does the note 8 allow you to answer or reject calls by voice?

0 Likes
55 Replies
userMJYEuj5deo
Constellation
Options

Tried using Bixby to answer the phone. When the phone is ringing it doesn't respond when I say hi Bixby. It can't hear me say accept or reject because Bixby doesn't activate during an active phone call

TheSean
Nebula
Options

@mdavidf, what commands are you using? I've found that simply saying "Answer" or "Reject" works much better than saying "Answer call". 

0 Likes
mdavidf
Cosmic Ray
Options

I reread my original post on this topic...yikes! It wasn't my intent to come across grumpy, I think Bixby is great. Generally I have my 500 points by mid-aftertoon and I continue using it afterwards.

Answering my phone using Bixby isn't an issue. However, making a call is a little more difficult because I have TMO and have DIGITS (a second phone line). Android doesn't seem to remember my Default line, so when I use Bixby to make a call Android pops up and asks which line I want to use; my Default or second phone line. I can't seem to get Bixby to choose the Default line, so I still end up needing to push the option on my screen. So, making a call isn't entirely hands-free, which isn't always problem, but when I'm driving it's a bit frustrating. This is also an issue when I use Bixby to send a hands-free text message. 

Strangely, Google Assistant seems to know my Default phone line and I can make hands-free calls and texts using it. 

0 Likes
TheSean
Nebula
Options

No worries, @mdavidf. Have you tried setting a Quick Command to call using the default number? I personally have AT&T, so my knowledge of DIGITS is a bit rusty. I've found this useful whenever it takes a little while to train, though. 

Giman2
Cosmic Ray
Options
But you should not have to be a programmer in order to use a $1000 phone.
0 Likes
TheLincolnGodfr
Constellation
Options

How do you do this without pressing the button.  My Bixby must not like me because she ignores me very effectively.

0 Likes
PaulBulman
Constellation
Options

How do I set up Bixby to answer reject calls

0 Likes
user5QavDfH43o
Asteroid
Options

How? I can't get it do that. Bixby does not come up when phone is ringing when I say 'hey bixby' need hands free whilst driving  Samsung voice was so much better

userFHfozluuwS
Astronaut
Options
Officially annoyed. I thought it was weird saying answer wasn't working (although I could have sworn it worked a few weeks ago). I went through all the settings - there was one for it and it is gone. One of the main reasons I stick with Samsung is because of that feature. When/if I am driving I need that ability to answer a call w/out being distracted and when you are halfway down the hall from your phone and you know the call is important it was so nice to be able to shout answer so they wouldn't hang up. Not happy.
Options
Agree!