JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice answer or reject

(Topic created: 01-26-2019 09:00 PM)
PaulBulman
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Does the note 8 allow you to answer or reject calls by voice?

0 Likes
user8qbXnBTAmQ
Asteroid
Options

Tried to check the box saying this helped me but it wouldn't even let me check the box. I just wanted to put that so that maybe Samsung wood see that there are many people who missed that option I totally agree with everything said by this user that was one feature that I loved and I have been using the Galaxy since it was first came on the market and would like to continue to use it but I want that feature back give us the option will decide to use it or not but in my case it's definitely used just as this user stated about being in another room and not able to get to your phone before it stops and you can just yell answer and you don't lose your call very disappointed give us that feature back

0 Likes
user6tDshVsSTr
Asteroid
Options
Very upset they did this to us!
0 Likes
userX7FbpnzeGM
Astronaut
Options

Please get voice answer and reject on the note 8! Whose idea was it to remove on the 8? Should be fired!

user6tDshVsSTr
Asteroid
Options
I hate the intrusive bixby!
0 Likes
userfg318F9knb
Constellation
Options

Totally agree. Stupid

0 Likes
Solution
Nathansgrl1
Asteroid
Options

Hello!  I know I am a little late,  And you all may have gotten your solution already, but I recently upgraded to the note 8 and had been trying to figure this out myself. Hence,, how I came across this thread. I found that during  an incoming call, you need say "Hi Bixby" then "accept"  If you want to answer or "decline"  If you do not. ☺  I found this by going into Bixby settings, then voice apps and services, and then choosing phone.

View solution in context

BradV
Cosmic Ray
Options

Shut the front door! I'm going to try this on my next incoming call!   Hopefully it works for me!  Thank you!  There are so many commands to learn.   I still wish it was simple as saying answer or reject decline!

0 Likes
Nathansgrl1
Asteroid
Options
You're welcome. Yes, I agree, it still would be great If you only had to say accept or decline.
user8qbXnBTAmQ
Asteroid
Options

There is a way to use the voice commands is to disable Bixby. However, when you use your camera Bixby is automatically turned on again I can't find a way to permamtly disable Bixby I don't use it I don't want it I want my voice commands to answer or reject my calls and I don't have to go into settings every time I use my camera To reset my settings. Extremely badd programming on Samsung's part. I used the voice command to answer or reject every single day. Will have more respect for samsung when they bring it back. I have used samsung for years not only on my phones but all of my appliances in my kitchen and all the TV's in my house so as I have spent many thousands of dollars on samsung as I'm sure some of you have it would be beneficial for samsung to listen to our complaints  

userKApmud9nF2
Constellation
Options

With the Note 8, Samsung has essentially removed many of the Galaxy Note features that made it a working person's power house - e.g. SNote with capacity to put notes in albums/binders of specified colours with specific titles that could be easily found, added to, edited; hands-free arswer or reject phone calls while driving, working with hands full etc. - and replaced them with features for people who want to spend time sketching and sending zippy animated live messages to each other...who are these people?  Wealthy colledge kids or teenagers who can somehow afford a Note 8, or...I really have no idea who they are, but I can tell you that I'm one business person who is not buying another Samsung Note.  Maybe not even another Samsung phone.  I'm planning to reactivate my Note 3. Then, when it finally gives out, maybe I'll go to Apple, maybe Google.  I just assumed , when I bought the Note 8, that it would be an improvement on the Note 3.  Ha!  Boy, do I feel stupid.