Original topic:

What is going on with WiFi?

(Topic created: 03-13-2022 11:51 AM)
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
There is a real downgrade in experience going on, every iteration of Android.   Across  every device. All my devices used to connect and stay connected.   Now, it, is, a constant timing out and reconnecting.  Extremely annoying when trying to work; and, very, very, counter-productive.  Samsung, your next firmware update should be allowing users to control all their connectivity,  again.  Dialing back that WiFi control, nonsense.   Your sole focus should be on reliable connectivity on your devices.  Nobody should be controlling our WiFi but us, switching on an off, what we deem necessary. Any other type of connectivity, there is no problem.   Your hardware should allow users, total control over their devices.  

Android is open source, so, AOSP applies here. No reason why you aren't making sure we have the best experience. The way it is now, makes us lose work. If, you don't save every second, then chances are you will lose whatever you are working on when the Wi-Fi cuts out. Typing content is a extremely annoying problem, as, is, graphic and photo processing, web forms and when using cloud apps. Not, having any other problems, with any other type of connectivity. So, process of elimination. 

There are far too many posts of issues with WiFi connectivity. Please, fix it. Customers seeking remedy.
4 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the Wi-Fi cutting out and would be happy to look into this further for you. Can you please provide me with the type of device you are using, Baseband version, service provider, and android version?

How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?

Have you tried resetting your network settings? Please know this will delete any saved Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections stored on your device?

Are you experiencing these symptoms with all apps or specific apps?

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Note20, Tab S8+ and S7. In the forum S21 and S22 models are also experiencing it. Android 12, 4.01 on newer and 4.0 uI on older. My telecom is TMobile prior to updates no issues. The Note20 ultra has been flawless as far as performance. Tab S8+ i use ethernet the wifi is annoying. Tab S7 not really noticeable on 4.0 UI.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Bluetooth is not bad. Stays connected, so far so good.
0 Likes
hotchocolate14
Astronaut
Options
Every samsung phone that comes out have connections issues it doesn't matter what phone. You think it would of gotten better with the newer models, but no!
0 Likes