Original topic:

Why am I not able to join One UI 4 beta?

(Topic created: 11-27-2021 10:11 PM)
usercgSdpeoqMj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I have an unlocked Note 20 Ultra and cannot join the beta. Samsung customer service said to look at the banner at the top of the members app or go into the notices section and there's no option in either place for me to join the beta
6 Replies
Spwingtrap
Constellation
Options

I'm having the exact same issue on my Note 20 Ultra. On the Samsung Members app, there is a duplicate banner  ( the black friday deals one ) presumably where the One UI 4 Beta registration should be. I've reinstalled it, restarted the phone multiple times etc. After researching on the topic I'm only finding reports/info about the beta from the UK. I really have no idea what's going on. 

Edit: After looking some more it looks like Samsung removes the registration banner after some time because of a user registration limit. This is just based on other posts so I'll wait for any official notices. 

0 Likes
usercgSdpeoqMj
Cosmic Ray
Options
That's true but Samsung also doesn't allow every device to have it. You have to buy the device directly from them or buy a factory unlocked model from Best Buy. It has to have the U1 ending on the model number to be able to get the beta. A Samsung representative told me last night that basically the only way I can get the beta on my phone since it's not the U1 model is to flash U1 software onto my phone and then the beta should show up
Spwingtrap
Constellation
Options
I was literally about to edit my reply again haha. I saw a post about it having to be unlocked like 5 minutes ago. Thanks for the clarification!

P.S I was also wondering when my phone's contract ends will I be able to unlock it or at the very least will the phone functions like an unlocked phone so I can join betas in the future?
0 Likes
usercgSdpeoqMj
Cosmic Ray
Options
Haha! Nice!

Nope. That's the problem. I have an AT&T phone that I paid off and got unlocked. It still doesn't have a U1 model number so it won't get the beta.
0 Likes
Spwingtrap
Constellation
Options
Man that's a bummer I also have AT&T. I might try flashing the UI after the contract ends so I can get into those sweet sweet betas
0 Likes
usercgSdpeoqMj
Cosmic Ray
Options
I was thinking about doing that but the official One UI 4 is going to be released for the Note 20 in January. It doesn't really seem worth it to potentially brick my phone and lose some functionality to get some beta software
0 Likes