JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Why is there no Dex mode?

(Topic created: 01-16-2022 07:17 PM)
ZaneDragonBorn
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I was wondering why Samsung doesn't have Dex mode supported on the Z Flip 3. It has a good amount of ram and a pretty good processor. Wondering if there is some reason for this?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
"Since the phone is technically capable of handling DeX, the exclusion of the feature is more of a way for Samsung to distinguish between the two foldables. It looks like an attempt to push power users into buying the Galaxy Z Fold 3 instead of the more affordable Galaxy Z Flip 3. The Galaxy Z Flip 3 is positioned as more of a style and fashion icon and less of a productivity machine."

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-z-flip-3-dex/

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
"Since the phone is technically capable of handling DeX, the exclusion of the feature is more of a way for Samsung to distinguish between the two foldables. It looks like an attempt to push power users into buying the Galaxy Z Fold 3 instead of the more affordable Galaxy Z Flip 3. The Galaxy Z Flip 3 is positioned as more of a style and fashion icon and less of a productivity machine."

https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-z-flip-3-dex/
ZaneDragonBorn
Astronaut
Options
Huge bummer, I find making it a fashion icon to be stupid when the device is perfect for it. Like, imagine using the bottom screen as a TouchPad and the top as anything else.
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
I would double check

Open Settings app

Tap search icon

Type, "Dex" ... do you see it , usually under Advanced Features , as in screenshot
Screenshot_20220117-051242_Settings Suggestions-01_22024_1642417984.jpg
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
agree ... an update could bring the feature to life
0 Likes