JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No longer have Wifi calling after new SIM upgrade to 5G?

(Topic created: 11-03-2021 06:55 AM)
newt82
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I was wondering why i no longer have wifi calling ? I had it before i went in and got a new sim card to upgrade to 5g 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good afternoon! Wi-Fi-Calling is a feature controlled by your carrier. You would need to reach out to them directly regarding this feature. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
LaurenMB88
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Once I had an update I lost the wifi calling, it's missing off the menu it was on in settings to toggle on or off. I tried clearing all app cashes, the phone cashe, n going into apps to the 3 dots pressing the see all system apps and selection wifi calling. Clearing that n stopping it. N also tried to make sure all the necessary selections where allowed. I have refirbished AT&T unlocked Galasy s10e & my net work is a Safelink/Tracfone. The at&t wifi calling isn't the one that 2worked but the system app "wifi calling" worked for 2 months up until the 1st it took a few days at 1st, for it to begin working but once it began it never had any problems until the 2 updates and i want to factory reset but it was q pain of the butt to get th3 phone working with th3 network properly during set up n access point. Was manually typed in. I found on here I belive it 2as samsung site in 2which I learned several ways to get it to start working. Even popping my sim tray out n back in. Putting it on safemode N making sure its not an app that was installed that's crashing and affecting my phone to be honest. I did download a few apps and updated my phone during the same day that it began to up n stop working n I noticed it wasn't working looking at the call log and not seeing the wifi logo beside the recent calls. (Also anoth3r way to try n fix is clearing ur call logs out) 2 things I couldn't try was back up the phone that date 10.31.21. n try to fix that way or putting my phone on safe mode as I have before but it's being difficult to do now. I'm not giving up! I have safelink and because I have bring my own smart phone serice rather than having a new android alcatel cell sent to me sets me up with a diff plan in which I get 350 mins unlimited texts and a certain amount of data had i been able to get phone plan I would have but I couldnt so I got this phone (I have all Samsung products and I like to be able to easily transfer to wach and stay connected/ control all with one device. N th3 phon3 they send is similar to a cheap slow burner type phone that wouldn't last q month for m3. N so I got q refirbished like new device, galaxy S10e unlocked at&t GSM compatible phone w. a free year warranty on the phone- the other plan is free if u get their brand phone but can only get 1, no warranty the plan for that iw better as calls are unlimited n texts n I belive data.. So i have 350 mins a month no roll over n 350 mins gets used in 2 calls to my health insurance like the 1st week when network messed up my benefits n connection etc. Even calling safelink /tracfone or doctor telehealth appts eats up the mine immediately. so the wifi calling saves my butt. N I have Xfinity hotspots so I pick up wifi anywhere I go basically. Th3r3 is many ppl with samsung decides having the same issue rn and back to 2020 I dont know what its from but u can find a forum 2with this convo and ways I list3d but mor3 on that list.
0 Likes
LaurenMB88
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hopefully something will work. But if ur using ur wifi calling from ur net work and not from the hidden system app for wifi calling than u should call ur net work if not than contact Samsung support or try the diff ways to fix that are available depending on the entire situation and reasons one has to work good luck. I'm dealing 2with it too. N it's not like it's not a feature any mor3 cuz it is and I seen an article about samsung phones 5g n wifi calling to make sure it works so maybe that article 2I'll help sorry I cannot find the article that's on the same page that I had access too, I just looked at screen shots so search ur phone with wifi calling u will see articles solutions. Under possibly members or something similar to that it's a samsung app.
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good afternoon! Wi-Fi-Calling is a feature controlled by your carrier. You would need to reach out to them directly regarding this feature. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.