Original topic:

Wired keyboard and mouse not recognised on Dex

(Topic created: 08-17-2020 03:54 PM)
userBjXXauOYf7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello

I am posting my issue here because I am becoming quite desperate. 

My problem : While connected to my S10 with the Dexpad my keyboard and mouse are recognised for 5 sec then they stop being recognised (their led are still lit but they don't work, usually the mouse flash for 10min then stops flashing).

How it happened: I have a Skillkorp keyboard with leds, only one side of my keyboard was lit because of a bad shortcut input, I was searching a way to relight all the buttons and when I finished all my buttons were lit but my keyboard and my mouse weren't responding anymore.

What I already did to troubleshoot the issue :

- I searched for a shortcut to unlock my mouse and keyboard, my inputs are taken into account.

- I quit Dex and I restarted my phone

-I exchanged my mouse and keyboard connection to the Dexpad

-I even resetted all of my phone

I don't know what to do anymore, if I was on windows I'd go to device manager and it would be over but here things are a lot less open.

Please send help 😢 

(I took Dex because my laptop died and it was my only way to continue working but if the keyboard and mouse are dead then I'm dead too 😞 )

Thanks in advance 

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rzax36
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
have you tried a different either keyboard and mouse or phone?

if it were me I would try factory reseting the keyboard and mouse if possible.

I used dex quite a bit it the past but with a station not the pad. I purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse combo (1 USB receiver) and it worked flawlessly and still does, gave it to my sister.
0 Likes
userBjXXauOYf7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you very much for your fast answer,

Since I'm French I switched the language to English UK to text this message I guess it kinda resetted the keyboard because now either the keyboard or the mouse are recognised when I connect one and disconnect the other.

Moreover, in the settings my mouse is recognised as a physical keyboard.

My hypothesis : I don't know why but the mouse and keyboard are both recognised as a physical keyboard, it causes a bug in the system and they can't work simultaneously.

0 Likes
Rzax36
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
hmm. at this point I would get in contact with samsung to further troubleshoot your problem. sorry i couldn't be more help.
0 Likes
Solution
userBjXXauOYf7
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So first and foremost thanks again for your help,

I solved the problem myself by using my last drop of luck for this year and probably the year to come.

So here is how it went (hoping it might help someone some day in the future) :

Quite stangely it seems that the configuration of the lighting of my keyboard can create some bug for Dex when it tries to recognise external device.

Basically, I though to myself "man it stinks  all of this just for some lighting issue " and like the fool I am my next thought was "hey let's try redoing what caused the cataclysm " so I went and pressed FN+1 FN+2,... FN+8 each time lighting different button, then I ended the process like last time, by pressing FN+Inser ... fast forward an hour and I'm typing something and I notice my keyboard is flashing (not fast but it kills my focus) so I though let's try pressing FN+Inser again maybe they created other option I don't know of regarding the keyboard lightin, I press again and the lighting behavior of the keyboard change. I'm like well let's connect the mouse once again if you're blessed by the heaven maybe it will work, and to my utmost surprise it worked  !

So yeah, I don't really understand how the lighting behavior can possibly affect Dex but it looks like it does so becareful with that everyone !

Rzax36
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S Phones
nice im glad you got it working!

I had a strong feeling it was the keyboard and not the dex or phone.
0 Likes
JohnLoose
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userBjXXauOYf7 

Have you tried the following?

• Different cables
  • Different mouse or keyboard
  • Update your device fully.
  • Reboot the phone.
  • Boot into Safe Mode and try this action again. If it works you may need to remove any recently installed apps. Then reboot to try again.
  • Try wiping the device cache and then this action again.

-- 

Show some love to this reply with a ❤️

Let others know this post solved your issue by selecting :white_heavy_check_mark:"Accept as solution" 

Login to the community site to respond to this thread or select a solution.
0 Likes