Original topic:

any tips for getting Samsung pay to work consistently?

(Topic created: 04-12-2021 03:27 PM)
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Anyone have any tips for getting Samsung pay to work consistently.  I never got to use it on my note 8 and only once so far on my note 20. I hear people saying it so great and would love to use it. The time it did work was at Publix and was in an Otterbox case. Since than I removed the case just to see if that was it but no difference. O' btw: it was at the same terminal and have tried others!!! TIA

Anyone know of a way of testing it at home. I have a bunch or electronic parts and an Oscilloscope

6 Replies
Jeaux
Halo
Options
It just takes a little time to understand where to hold your phone at certain stores(MST). I've been using it since the release and have no trouble at all using Samsung pay.
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
On the Note 20 the antennas for NFC/MST are in the middle of the phone, slightly below center near the wireless charging coil. Try starting with the lower half of the phone at the top of the strip with the phone centered and slowly moving it slowly down. Mine always seems to work at some point during that process.

I have also heard that turning off NFC while using Samsung Pay sometimes improves reliability. But I think mostly you just need a bit of trial and error to get used to where to best hold the phone near that reader.
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options
Thanks everyone. Next time I go and no one is waiting behind I'll try it. Am handicapped and one handed
0 Likes
Samsung_SD_CO
Galaxy
Options
I had a bit of a hard time adjusting when I traded my Note 10 in on the Note 20, because I believe the Note 10 had the antenna more toward the upper left corner vs where it is on the 20. But the more I use it the better I seem to get at finding it 🙂
userKhi9GYaOpE
Constellation
Options
Try uninstalling and reinstalling it?
0 Likes
Cyberwasp
Comet
Options

Ok, got it figured out. Also helped as the places I frequent have gotten newer  machines which have the location marked where to place the phone. Was surprised though. I go to an old family owned pet shop and the card reader looks like it's one of the first one made and is really beat up. But it worked with the 20!!

0 Likes