Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

bixby and default music app

JUMP TO SOLUTION
 i bought a note 8
when i ask "play song x" (which i have on my phone)

bixby prompts me to install google play music (which i removed because its cancer)

when i go to default apps i cannot change the default music player on a device i own (this is anti consumer)

when i go to bixby commands i cannot change the commands from google play to samsung music.

when i caved and installed google play music

bixby opens google play music and then tells me i need to subscribe (pay money) to play a song i own AND HAVE ON THE DEVICE.

why would i pay a subscription to use a feature that has worked fine since the note 4, 

your greed is absolutely astounding. i have lost features i highly value by upgrading hardware.

i am massively disappointed and i am considering returning the device.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: bixby and default music app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mOVING_tARGET Google Play Music is pretty good. I used Spotify before. But @userbcMKA9DSlI is correct, any app that you want to use (right now) that isn't the Bixby default must be specifically stated. Hopefully soon, we will be able to choose prefered apps.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

in order for you to use samsung music, the command has to be "open samsung music and ...."

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mOVING_tARGET Google Play Music is pretty good. I used Spotify before. But @userbcMKA9DSlI is correct, any app that you want to use (right now) that isn't the Bixby default must be specifically stated. Hopefully soon, we will be able to choose prefered apps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i mean if they let me install s voice it wouldnt be a problem

why throw out your code base just to slap a new name on something just for marketing points

also your statement that its broken so just accept it, isnt a solution and i dont appreciate you marking it "solved"

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mOVING_tARGET how it broken though? "Play The Beatles on Spotify" works great. You want the ability to just say "Play The Beatles" and it open to play on your default music app, I get that. Bixby is still very young. In the future, I'm sure Bixby will get to an even better place. Right now, there is no "fix".

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

"Play Beatles on spotify" does not actually work. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Create a custom command, i.e "Play Music" Line 1: Open Samsung Music Line 2: Touch play
Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@mOVING_tARGET wrote:
 i bought a note 8

bixby prompts me to install google play music (which i removed because its cancer)

when i go to default apps i cannot change the default music player on a device i own (this is anti consumer)

when i go to bixby commands i cannot change the commands from google play to samsung music.

bixby opens google play music and then tells me i need to subscribe (pay money) to play a song i own AND HAVE ON THE DEVICE.

why would i pay a subscription to use a feature that has worked fine since the note 4, 

your greed is absolutely astounding. i have lost features i highly value by upgrading hardware.

also you can go into all possible music players and see which permission is set for default ubtil one says clear defaults then you can trick bixby. ive done it once

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you make your own command and then have Bixby open spotify first, then play music after it plays music from spotify  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just use Google assistant I had that same problem called Samsung the representatives couldn't help. I just gave up and used Google assistant.

@mOVING_tARGET wrote:
 i bought a note 8

@mOVING_tARGET wrote:
 i bought a note 8

So yeah just tell say "Ok Google play Samsung music" and it works!