cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpeal
Constellation

bluetooth notification for message app

I use my phone in silent mode (or vibrate) with bluetooth connected to hearing aids.  Phone app works great wiith direct sound to the hearing aids but I don't get audible notifications in the hearing aids from message app (texts).  I have notifications turned on in the message app but it doesn't know about bluetooth.  Since the phone has sound off it seems like the message app does not send notifications.  A software change to make the message app bluetooth aware would be great.  Or is there some setting I am missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: bluetooth notification for message app

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Honored Contributor

@kpeal wrote:

I use my phone in silent mode (or vibrate) with bluetooth connected to hearing aids.  Phone app works great wiith direct sound to the hearing aids but I don't get audible notifications in the hearing aids from message app (texts).  I have notifications turned on in the message app but it doesn't know about bluetooth.  Since the phone has sound off it seems like the message app does not send notifications.  A software change to make the message app bluetooth aware would be great.  Or is there some setting I am missing?

@kpeal 

By your text it seems that hearing aid is a bluetooth device.  If that is correct then while your hearing aid is connected to your phone, try going to settings>connections> and tap on bluetooth.  Look in the list and by your hearing aid's name on the right side there should be a "gear/settings" icon.  When you tap it, which toggle are you presented with? 

Highlighted
kpeal
Constellation

I get "Profiles" and see "Call audio" and "Media audio", both set to "on".  Trouble is message isn't really an "audio" app, it just needs to send a notification.