JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Controller will not connect to Z Flip

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 07:25 AM)
peacepg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

My dual shock controller that connects just fine to a Galaxy Note 9 will NOT connect to my new Z Flip. There seems to be a real issue with blue tooth on this new phone, refusing to pair with a lot of other devices. The options for auto disconnect and renaming devices within the bluetooth app are no longer available, unless moved somewhere unrelated. Any pointers on correcting this will be appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

If resetting the network settings does not allow the phone to recognize the controller, try connecting the controller to the phone using a USB to USB-C data cable, hold the share button and THEN connect via Bluetooth.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

6 Replies
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I understand how frustrating this can be. Here is a troubleshooting article that may help get those Bluetooth devices connected. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001226/ Are you receiving any errors when you try to connect? You can also try resetting the network settings.

Settings icon > scroll to and select General management > select Reset > Reset network settings > Reset settings > select Reset to confirm. Note: Resetting your network settings deletes previously associated Wi-Fi networks, security passcodes, Bluetooth devices, and cellular network data settings.

Please let me know if this helps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
peacepg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thanks for prompt response. No error msg, device just not recognized...the controller. Will try reset and post result.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Does the phone recognize and connect to other Bluetooth devices? Please do let me know the results.

0 Likes
peacepg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
The phone has connected to other devices but it wasnt pretty. i normally manually delete old devices in bt, but the ctlr is obstinantly refusing to be recognized. on my note 9 it connects no prob.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

If resetting the network settings does not allow the phone to recognize the controller, try connecting the controller to the phone using a USB to USB-C data cable, hold the share button and THEN connect via Bluetooth.

peacepg
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Connected to fone with usb fine, then reconnected without usb, still fine. Thank you for walking me to a real solution. I appreciate it.
0 Likes