Original topic:

deleted text messages

(Topic created: 01-20-2021 07:01 PM)
Salulu
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Can anyone  tell me how to restore accidentally deleted text messages?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
yes, I assume you are using Samsung messages? inside of your messages tap on the three dots and then there should be a trash option that lets you see deleted text messages

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
SJohnson
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
yes, I assume you are using Samsung messages? inside of your messages tap on the three dots and then there should be a trash option that lets you see deleted text messages

Please follow all community guidelines before posting

View solution in context

Salulu
Astronaut
Options
thank you but I did not have the trash option you spoke of
0 Likes
MIS2311
Astronaut
Options
I just did this to myself today and freaked out. You can go to your settings, accounts, Samsung account (make sure you have messaging synced checked), then hit restore data. It takes a minute but it will restore everything back from the last time it synced. After you do that, make sure to back up your data again just to be safe.
Salulu
Astronaut
Options
Thank you! This solution worked perfectly!
Anonymousn0body
Astronaut
Options
They have all types of free apps meant to bring back anything accidentally deleted, including texts, but I've used one. I'm not sure what phone or carrier you have or if that makes a difference, I go back & forth on using the default message app & don't know if I was at this time, but I accidently managed to delete the message thread or more like the whole contact file of a friend and had n no way to get ahold of her so I called my cell provider and was able to get the number based on knowing the time frame of continuous contact. Of course I had to answer security questions & get the last 4 of my roommates ss # since he wasn't here at the time, and 2 days had passed since I deleted the Contact...... If that's any help at all
0 Likes