cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: eCommerce refusing to accept Samsung Financing

I wasted 2 weeks of my life on this exact problem and I have an ACTUAL solution, albiet a really dumb and inconvienent way to solve the problem. 

Step 1: Create a new Samsung account with a new email. 

Step 2: Log in to your new Samsung account.

(this step is optional if you have an email stating that you have $200 credit instead of $150)
Step 3: Copy and paste the preorder link from your original Samsung account into your browser. 

Step 4: Add whatever phone and accessories you want into your cart. 

Step 5: Check out and choose Samsung Financing. 

Step 6: Fill out the Samsung Financing application with your current address that you have listed on TD Bank. 

Step 7: Submit the application. This will not pull your credit!  I was worried that they would do a credit pull but you won't be able to get that far. 

Step 8: You will now see a page saying there was an issue with your Samsung Financing payment, and it will ask for your name, date of birth and last 4 of SSN. Fill that info out and you click "link account."

You should now see that the billing and shipping info is your current address! You can now check out and your items should be shipped properly! (Although you never know how Samsung can figure out to mess it up.)

Also, the email I recieved for the order went to the email address I had linked to my TD Bank and not the new email address I used for the new Samsung account, which was nice. 

I honestly cannot believe I had to do all that work to give them my money, but if you need a new phone these steps should work for you! I hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is to deal with the phone line. 

Constellation

Having the same issue! I was told by the eCommerce that this was a known issue and they are trying to resolve it. I changed my address at TD bank on 8/11 and it still has not changed. I have a ticket placed through them to get this resolved since 8/13. I am hoping this gets fixed before the preorders run out for Note20.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I completely understand how much this experience has affected you. I wish I was equipped to handle your order information, but instead, I suggest you reach out to our E-Commerce department at, 1-855-726-8721. You'll be in good hands there. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

the reps name identified the problem. you don't speak ebonics.