cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

eCommerce refusing to accept Samsung Financing

On Sunday, 02/09/2020, I placed order# D1G77DR09X for my husband's Galaxy S10. I wanted to purchase the Note10 for myself, but it was out of stock. 

On Monday, 02/10/2020, I attempted to place order# D1G924B02M, but it was cancelled, saying, "We’re really sorry, but we’ve cancelled the items shown below because we were unable to approve your purchase using Samsung Financing." I thought that was strange, seeing as my first order was successful. I tried again, order# D1G94BC0N1, but that was cancelled as well. I then reached out to a live chat rep who advised I contact TD Bank for more information. 

On Tuesday, 02/11/2020, I called TD Bank and spoke with a rep, Tora, who advised TD Bank was not responsible for cancelling my orders. Tora confirmed the shipping information I provided was correct, and gave me the number for eCommerce support, saying I should ask for a supervisor there to have my issue resolved. 

I called the eCommerce number and spoke to Marcus, who advised this was a security issue. He said I should wait 24 hours before placing an order, as the cancelled order was flagging my account. I asked why the order cancelled in the first place, but he could not give an answer to that. When I asked for a supervisor, he hung up on me!

I called right back and spoke to Jennie. I asked for a supervisor right away, but she needed some info from me first. 5 minutes later, she was researching the issue. I asked for a supervisor again, and after 10 minutes was put through to Cherese, who said she was a supervisor. 

Cherese also advised me to wait 24 hours. I told her the 24 hour wait time doesn't explain why the first cancellation happened when my order for the S10 was successful. Cherese was very rude, interrupting me and not listening when I was trying to tell her I had already verified my info with TD Bank. Finally, she agreed to ecalate to the back end and gave me escalation ticket# 2538370.

I then waited 24 hours from the last canceled order as advised, and placed order#M1GAL4503V on 02/11/2020... You guessed it, cancelled again.

On 02/12/2020, I reached out via live chat and asked about the escalation ticket# 2538370. Saibindu Gadde said, "Hannah, we regret the inconvenience caused, I request you to change the shipping phone number and retry to place a new order...our team requests you to use the same shipping and billing info available on initial order #D1G77DR09X on the new order, so that it can be processed further." She said I had used a different phone number on the first order. So I did that, placing order# D1GD02P02M. But for some reason, my apartment number was not in the shipping info (even though I did enter it). So she advised me to cancel that order and place another one. But, that order had already been cancelled.

Then, Saibindu said, "Please retry in incognito tab." So, I placed order# D1GD0FI0BB, which was cancelled. She advised me to wait until the S10 order was delivered before trying again, and gave me ticket# 2541305 so that I could get the same promotional discount in case it expired.

On 02/13/2020, the S10 was delivered. I then placed order# M1GEH150MK, really hoping my issue was resolved. Nope. It cancelled, too. I tried again, order# D1GESON05N was cancelled too.

Which brings me today, when I tried, once again, to place an order for the Samsung Galaxy Note10. Order# US368799315 with a status of "payment update needed."

I reached out to live chat, ticket ID 2546597, representative Chinimilli Venkateswara Rao:

I was told I cannot use Samsung Financing to purchase anything from Samsung! After all this, there is still no resolution to the backend ticket submitted. This credit line is unusable! This is unacceptable. Samsung has hurt my credit by allowing a line of unusable credit to be extended to me, weighing on my credit score. Chinimilli Venkateswara Rao just kept advised to use another payment method, but that doesn't solve this issue!

Someone please fix the disconnect between eCommerce and Samsung Financing! Why extend a line of credit that is unusable???

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: eCommerce refusing to accept Samsung Financing

Their customer service employees are powerless to do anything about anything to do with payments and approval, don't let them direct you to teams or alternate 800 numbers its all the same staff.

I had my order cancelled NINE times over the course of a weekend.  I spent hours on the phone, in chat asking/pleading for help.  I did two things in short succession so I'm not sure exactly which worked but they are worth a shot.  Complain to the Better Business Buearu about Samsung America, file a report there.  Also delete your entire samsung account on their website and re-register with the exact same info.  I'm not sure which did the trick (probably the deletion of my account) but my order has now been confirmed.  

I'm leaving my complaint with the BBB, too many people are getting their credit report damaged with a line of credit they can't figure out how to use.  

Figure this garbage out Samsung, this is supposed to be one of the largest, most innovative companies in the tech world and you're website can't take orders and your staff can't tell why.

Highlighted
Constellation

waited to late

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am having a similar issue

TD bank has my billing address which does not match with Samsung, and no one with Samsung knows how to make it update on their end. There is no edit option for billing since it is already linked with TD bank, however, it seems like broken software by Samsung which never updates with TD bank once approved.

I will also try to file complain with BBB and also try to see if i can delete my profile and try again.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Going through a major issue with Samsung Finance. I needed to change my billing address from an old address registered through TD bank, which is the bank that backs their credit line.

Samsung will only ship products to the registered address that TD originally had on file when the credit line was initially granted.

Even though TD confirmed with me that they updated my billing address on their end, Samsung does not show that updated address when I try to place my order.

I spent hours on the phone with numerous reps and supervisors at Samsung and TD Bank and they all tell me to give it some time. I responded that for a company that makes the best "smart" phones in the world, their basic ordering system is pretty darn STUPID. Saying I am frustrated is a an understatement. Shame on Samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the same problem, i am unable to change my address from my previous place, i really want to pre-order Note 20 5g but cant since i dont live in the same place

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend that you call in and talk to our E-Commerce department 1-855-726-8721

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same problem above with the shipping address not updating to my new address with TDbank. How do we esclate this issue? I am trying to place an order and am unable to, this is not a good customer experiance!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasted 2 weeks of my life on this exact problem and I have an ACTUAL solution, albiet a really dumb and inconvienent way to solve the problem.

Step 1: Create a new Samsung account with a new email.

Step 2: Log in to your new Samsung account.

(this step is optional if you have an email stating that you have $200 credit instead of $150)
Step 3: Copy and paste the preorder link from your original Samsung account into your browser.

Step 4: Add whatever phone and accessories you want into your cart.

Step 5: Check out and choose Samsung Financing.

Step 6: Fill out the Samsung Financing application with your current address that you have listed on TD Bank.

Step 7: Submit the application. This will not pull your credit! I was worried that they would do a credit pull but you won't be able to get that far.

Step 8: You will now see a page saying there was an issue with your Samsung Financing payment, and it will ask for your name, date of birth and last 4 of SSN. Fill that info out and you click "link account."

You should now see that the billing and shipping info is your current address! You can now check out and your items should be shipped properly! (Although you never know how Samsung can figure out to mess it up.)

Also, the email I recieved for the order went to the email address I had linked to my TD Bank and not the new email address I used for the new Samsung account, which was nice.

I honestly cannot believe I had to do all that work to give them my money, but if you need a new phone these steps should work for you! I hope this helps, I know how frustrating it is to deal with the phone line.

Highlighted
Constellation

Also useless, they just refer you bank to TD bank who then refers you back to Samsung Costumer service. Stop outsourcing for each country and hire intelligent people who actually know how to help with this issue within each country.