Original topic:

"Camera Failed"

(Topic created: 11-15-2021 01:46 PM)
PhillyBEATS
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Been having this issue for like 4 weeks now on my Samsung Galaxy Ultra 5G phone. Whenever I open the camera app I get that error. Stops me from using a lot of my apps that rely on the camera. Have cleared cache on app and phone. Restarted several times. Refuse to factory reset because every I have read having the same issue says that does not fix. So would rather not have to do that step and waste time. Thinking of switching to Apple if this has no fix!
6 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
S20 Ultra 5G I presume? It's a less-common but known issue with that series. The S21 seems to have resolved that.

If a factory reset doesn't work, then you'll need to replace your device. If you're thinking about Apple, the iPhone 11 is a good option starting at just 550 dollars for a 128GB model.
PhillyBEATS
Astronaut
Options
Thank you for that information. So there is no real fix for it? Just random phones get this issue? I might just try a factory reset then and see if that helps. I'm assuming this has something to do with the software for the camera? Because it works for lime 2 seconds when I open the app and then the error pops up. I might try the iPhone for the trial period and if I don't like it, go to the S21.
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Only fix would be warranty repair, but there's so many horror stories I've read.. you're better off taking the device to a UbreakiFix store and see if they can replace the camera module.

The S21 is pretty great, but it is quite expensive even for a base model..
PhillyBEATS
Astronaut
Options
I do have one of those in the mall in my area. Maybe I can see how much that will cost as well. Thank you for the advice!
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
Of course! Glad to help
userDnjBM8lyFB
Cosmic Ray
Options
I had the same problem with my note 20 ultra after 4 months of ownership. I tried everything such as factory reset, clear cache, etc to no avail. If you Google the error message, you will find it is a common problem in many samsung model phones. I took mines to ubreakifix and they ordered parts and that didn't remedy the problem. Ultimately I had to send it in to Samsung for repair. Luckily I had a back up phone in the interim. They sent the phone back in less than a week and I haven't had any problems with the camera failed issue since.