JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"Samsung Positioning has stopped" ALOT!

(Topic created: 11-04-2019 06:15 AM)
ORDERICHAOS
Constellation
Options
Note10

This service keeps stopping on my Note 10+? I have not been able to get any help from the reddit forums... Does anyone here have any suggestions?

userhinq5CcZsj
Astronaut
Options
Note10

I have a samsung 8 and am experiencing the same problem. It happens all the time.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note10

Have you tried clearing the cache partition of the phone? 

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
Press Power key to select.
Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userUKxnlFmjEL
Constellation
Options
Note10

I tried this on my S8 and it didn't work.

0 Likes
usera11GMT65j6
Constellation
Options
Note10

That doesn't work

0 Likes
usersiaPkXZl48
Astronaut
Options
Note10

How does this work for an A6?  I don't have a Bixby button.

0 Likes
jenn82
Constellation
Options
Note10

That's supposed to say Samsung Galaxy S8 talk to text doesn't like me very much this morning 

0 Likes
usercs2r8Kc8tv
Astronaut
Options
Note10

this worked for me ty i have a galaxy 8+ and follow the instructions just like they are written out and you should find them rectified the isuue and the same error message I

@SamsungKim1 wrote:

Give this a shot:

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) > (important its in there )
 SamsungPositioning (i found this towards the bottom on my ph) > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.  ( I did not have to clear cache i just cleared data and restarted and it worked for me)
 Restart Phone

was having  

0 Likes
Samsung_BLW
Constellation
Options
Note10

This Worked for me as I used it First @SamsungKim1 

@SamsungKim1 wrote:

Give this a shot:

Go to Settings > Apps > Show system Apps (click on the 3 vertical dots upper right of screen) >
 SamsungPositioning > Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache. 
 Restart Phone

0 Likes
userieBkhmWcCh
Astronaut
Options
Note10

I have an S8 and this worked for me so far. I just tried the suggestion, rebooted, and straight back here. I got the error 3-5 times while reading this thread. And now, so far nothing! Thanks a lot! 

0 Likes
techie127
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note10

Works

0 Likes