Original topic:

"Smart Things" app keeps crashing after UI5 update

(Topic created: 12-07-2022 10:23 AM)
QstnEvrythng
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Just got the UI5 update for my s21 ultra. After restarting I get a message that says "Smart things keeps crashing" it then gives me the option to:
1.close the app
2. Send feedback

I tried sending feedback, but Samsung wants permission to access my ALL of my photos, videos, music, audio files for up to one year. I see no reason for Samsung to have access to all of these things. So here I am in the community forums.

I tried starting the app and it won't even open. Was this app disabled/ discontinued with the new UI5? I'm pretty sure the app was used for recognizing and and phone calls while Bluetooth connections were running. At least that's what I recall seeing.

If it's no longer needed, I can either disable or uninstall (I think), I haven't tried yet, but would like to know if it's a bug or intentional first...
0 Likes
6 Replies
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
See my post **ISSUES AFTER ANDROID 13**
0 Likes
QstnEvrythng
Astronaut
Options
I'll give it a try and get back to you.
QstnEvrythng
Astronaut
Options
It didn't work, but thanks for trying.
KennewickMan
Supernova
Options
I received an update a week or two after the 13 update that was around 810MB. My phone has been fine. I'd imagine every lineup is going to receive a form of this additional update in the days/ weeks to come.
0 Likes
michelefugina
Astronaut
Options
I have a knew phone Samsung galaxy
0 Likes
LADYLYLA23ANME
Astronaut
Options
Hello I've spent at least 700 buying I've spent at least 800 in 2 years buying these androids, I'm sick of
0 Likes