cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

rewards points update FAIL

Hey, I just got the email about the changes to Samsung rewards. It was s pretty big negative when you took away the gift card option, but I already had gotten used to using Samsung pay and continued to do so. 

Now, IF i am at gold level, i have to make 100 transactions a month to keep it,. If I fall to silver, I have to make 300... THREE HUNDRED...THREEEE HUUUNDREEED transactions in a month ...THAT'S TEN FRIGGING TRANSACTIONS A DAY to get to gold level again?!!! And, no, I am not going to buy gift cards. I have only earned points by using Samsung Pay.

Do you even want anyone to continue to use Samsung pay?
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: rewards points update FAIL

that's a good point, it's odd that you'd have to spend more money to achieve nothing.
Highlighted
Supernova

You earn Samsung Rewards Points via purchases. You won't have to make 300 transactions but just need to maintain the number of points you're earning based off how much you're spending.
Highlighted
Galaxy

Re: Re: rewards points update FAIL

its 1 point a transaction... so yea its 300 transactions
Using a Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935A) on ATT with Gear S2 (SM-R730A), Baseband:G935AUCS2APH1, Kernel:3.18.20-8575098
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

this is definitely a cash grab tactic and I'm disappointed in Samsung for it. the reward system was one of the things that made Samsung pay the better choice over G pay. not anymore. I knew things were going to go in a bad direction when they started selling points