Original topic:

samsung Pass

(Topic created on: 2/1/21 11:16 AM)
userE9xHihN90s
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Samsung pass has stopped working,  how do I get it going without losing all passwords?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Might try:
Stop Pass app, then:
Settings -> Apps -> Samsung Pass
then Force Stop
then Storage -> Clear cache
... then try again

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
Might try:
Stop Pass app, then:
Settings -> Apps -> Samsung Pass
then Force Stop
then Storage -> Clear cache
... then try again

View solution in context

user22xqeT2yio
Constellation
Options
Will that clear all saved input data as well?
0 Likes
CalderCay
Supernova
Options
No, just the data Cache ... you can also "Clear data" (left of Clear Cache at bottom of screen) and that will require a login, but no data loss
0 Likes
user22xqeT2yio
Constellation
Options
I tried clearing cache and that did not work. will try the clear data
0 Likes
usergo3D6oH03h
Constellation
Options

Samsung Pass isn't an application on Note 8 and S21Ultra, cannot Stop Pass app / Force Stop or Clear cache. It is not an application that can be loaded from the Play Store. 

Only way I find it is through performing a search for Biometrics and Security where it is then listed. 

0 Likes
usern6cz6CqyHA
Constellation
Options

I have a S20 FE. I can't register my print, it won't verify it.  I can't find Samsung Pass app and have tried to access the settings. Any suggestions??

0 Likes
userE9xHihN90s
Asteroid
Options
samsung pass came with my phone, I used it regularly. when I tried to update it I was told it wasnt compatible with my phone.
0 Likes
usergo3D6oH03h
Constellation
Options

Moving from Note 8 to S21Ultra.

When I login to old device, and ask to see devices, it shows both devices. I consider that success. When I go to biometrics on S21 I see 2 fingerprints, but on my old Note 8 it only shows 1 fingerprint. I deleted Note8 from the account and rebooted both devices. When I attempt to login to S21Ultra it recognizes I have entered the password, but then when It scans my fingerprint on the screen it says its unable to validate my fingerprint. What do I do to resolve this?

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

Give these steps a try: 

1. First thing I would recommend is removing the fingerprint from your phone and re-adding it

2. Go to settings > apps > tap the 3 dots in the top right corner > tap on system apps > tap on Samsung pass and force stop it and clear the cache

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes