Original topic:

Screen mirroring

(Topic created: 02-13-2021 08:19 AM)
jbaut
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Has anyone had issues with screen mirroring from the galaxy s20 ultra to a Vizio TV, after the latest patch update? 

It works on apps in regards of hulu, Netflix, Disney+. Etc. 
Just won't mirror my phone to the TV. 
Build Number : G988U1UES1CTL5
Android version : R(Android 11)
Release Date : 2021-01-04
Security patch level : 2021-01-01
15 Replies
jbaut
Astronaut
Options
Samsung help?
0 Likes
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options

The Screen Mirroring feature has been moved from the Smart View or SmartThings app. This feature can now be found on compatible models under the Quick Connect feature. Steps and how to use this feature can be found here: https://techwelkin.com/quick-connect-samsung 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

GioMessi
Astronaut
Options
Can't find my tv
0 Likes
mike57746644
Explorer
Options
be on the same network if one is on 2.4 ghz and the other 5 ghz maybe it won't see each other . check your phone is on wifi not cellular network
0 Likes
Options
they keep sending me emailsnabout the smart hub having difficulties. maintainence was out there recently. ive had past issues that were fixed. is it updated to current?
0 Likes
ArcherLevante
Asteroid
Options
So after being frustrated for an hour I found a solution to this. My LG OLED was not displayed in available devices in smart view after the one ui 3.0 update. Here's what I did -

1. Open settings, go to wifi  and open up wifi direct. Make sure your TV supports wifi direct. I assume it would if it supports miracast or screen share.

2. Select your TV from available options ( make sure wifi direct is on and discoverable from TV settings but don't initiate connection from TV)

When phone connects to TV it automatically starts screen share via smart view.

3. The next you start up smart view or even wireless Dex your non Samsung TV should also be listed in available devices. I dont know why is so convoluted to get to this step in first place with new update.

Hope it helps at least some folks. Worked for me with an LG smart TV running webOS 5.0
user7uij949CHB
Constellation
Options
Bring back the ability to cast to other devices, like Chromecast please!! Casting from phone to TV is ok, but you still see parts of the phone and doesn't allow me to actually use my phone during.
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@user7uij949CHB 

Casting to Chromecast is still a feature.

Please describe exactly what is happening and what issues you are having. 

0 Likes