Original topic:

split screen on Android 11

(Topic created on: 12/23/20 6:43 PM)
userZ4gXgsieCg
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi, at the previous Android version I was able to switch the lower app at the split screen, apparently now it changes the whole screen, how do I change only the lower one? 

8 Replies
UserNote20U5g
Galaxy
Options
what do you want to change it to?
0 Likes
userZ4gXgsieCg
Asteroid
Options
I need to be able to change just one app not the whole screen
0 Likes
UserNote20U5g
Galaxy
Options
you might have to download good lock and then download multistar and that might fix your issue
userZ4gXgsieCg
Asteroid
Options
That's looks like a lot of work, it was working just fine until the last uptade, but I'll give it shot, thanks
0 Likes
userEm913dAcu0
Constellation
Options

Here's the likely answer as to why it's not working.  I use split-screen as much as you do in the same manner (ie. Youtube always on top and change the lower app by hitting the home key and selecting an app, opening the app drawer, or use the switch apps button at the bottom of the screen).  Android/Samsung must have felt that a lot of people weren't using their precious edge panel so now they are kind of forcing you to.

The work-around (I hate this term) is that you access split-screen like normal.  Then, hit the center three dots and select the save icon and this "view" will be saved to the edge panel.  The problem is that every time you want a different view you must save that view to the edge panel and if you're like me and use split-screen often, you'll have a plethora of saved views in the edge panel to navigate through to find the right one.   Also, I hate the edge panel as it somehow always finds a way to be accidentally accessed.

(Galaxy Note 10+ 5G)

userZEQiY0lmn9
Constellation
Options

Have you found a solution that works at all? I've tried Multistar and it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem

0 Likes
Raz13
Astronaut
Options
Multistsr used to have the option of splitting the screen by thr long press of the recent app. Samsung has removed that option in multistsr.. This option in the past didn't even need the multistar. Used to be part of the UI without the multistar add on.
0 Likes
user738NgZDu1R
Astronaut
Options

Activate the useless edge panel, open it up and hit the pencil. Add the apps you use the most now go to split screen like normal. When you want to "seamlessly" change the bottom or top app swipe the edge panel then hold and drag the app you want to the place you want.