Original topic:

why everybody's else wifi work but mine

(Topic created on: 4/8/21 2:11 PM)
mzsha24
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Why everybody's on this wifi but my phone which is a Samsung galaxy A11 keeps telling me it can't read the ip address then when I do put the ip address in it connects but without the internet  Samsung phones and tablets need to do better cause my son has a Samsung galaxy tablet his is doing the same thing this suck with I had found another phone brand cause this brand need to update or get their stuff together 
8 Replies
thebigwhoop
Astronaut
Options
Have you tried rebooting the router. I know it doesn't sound logical, but, it has worked for the exact same problem before, for me!
0 Likes
mzsha24
Astronaut
Options
I'm actually at a hotel and I asked them would they do that and they did but it still not working or at least they said they did
0 Likes
thebigwhoop
Astronaut
Options
You did try rebooting your phone?
0 Likes
mzsha24
Astronaut
Options
yes I tried that and it still didn't work
0 Likes
Herdpm
Astronaut
Options
Same exact problem with Note 10 Plus. Tried everything I can think of including factory reset. This is a big problem since I don't have cell service where I work.
0 Likes
thebigwhoop
Astronaut
Options
Is there a password for the server at the hotel?
0 Likes
thebigwhoop
Astronaut
Options
I think, if your still at that hotel and still having problems, I have found the answer. It just happened to me. I had to get close to the router. Then try to connect all over. I deleted it from the phone network and started from scratch. It seems that if your to far from the modem it can't obtain the ip address. Once you get the address in your phone you should be able to go to your room and it should be fine.
0 Likes
mzsha24
Astronaut
Options
thanks
0 Likes