cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

3pk SmartThings WiFi Mesh

Called, since this just doesn't work for me, and may be sending back my order a second time.

Tech support today said it's a router and the other two devices are just repeaters. Is this the case?

Tech support has no idea why the devices are not working - e.g. they are not creating a WiFi network, which brings me to my last point -'s question.

If these are my only WiFi access points, and the Internet is down, do I also lose my local WiFi network - e.g. no local gaming, streaming music from a library, or watching movies on a NAS? Seriously, all local network is lost?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: 3pk SmartThings WiFi Mesh

Its easy to setup I have had my setup for years works great go on YouTube and look it up any of the wifi routers points can be the main one make sure you use Samsung smartthings app make sure you unplug your original router follow directions from the app all you have to do is pick any of them and take the ethernet plus and put it in the in port don't put in the out port that's what probably you are doing putting it in the out port and then the setup will recognize your internet and then setup the other two near the main one you choose and then move them to where you want them

Highlighted
Asteroid

Everything was set up exactly, following The directions. Samsung tech support can access the device from the network. According to what Samsung can see when they access the device from the Internet is that everything is fine. However, the device does not provide a WiFi network for me to connect to locally.

Unlike most routers I have ever worked with, you can go directly to the router via a webpage you can access.  I don't know if this one does. I will see if I can access it via the IP address.

If there were anything "special" this router needed to work, it would be nice to know what it is, but seriously, if the local network disappears when the Internet goes down, it's worthless.

Highlighted
Asteroid

You can go deeper into the router settings using the Plume app.
I've been using ST Wi-Fi for over a year with no issues. 
Yes if your internet goes down, your Wi-Fi network will still be available, it'll just state "no internet access".
Question: Are you connecting your ST Wi-Fi directly to a modem, or to a "Gateway" (i.e. Router/Modem combination). 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Well, that's not what Tech support told me. And since it was up, running, accessible, and apparently "working" but not broadcasting a WiFi network, I would have to agree with them. I found my bridge was working as a router. So, something in all of that prevented the WiFi from working. Albeit a cloud solution, it shouldn't matter. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Most devices won't work without internet but if your internet is down then its will let you know in the smart things when your internet is out its will same wifi no internet connection

Highlighted
Asteroid

If the Internet is down, I still need and want a local WiFi. A local network does not neee Internet.