JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Are Jet Bot & AI compatible with Amazon Alexa?

(Topic created: 04-05-2023 06:16 AM)
userbimQdaqjpJ
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Can I use Alexa to tell my Jet Bot AI to start cleaning.

2 Replies
Solution
sparkler17
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
Yes you can! I found these directions on a website on how to do it.
Open the Alexa App
Tap More > Skills & Games
Tap the search icon in the top right
Search for your robot’s manufacturer
Choose your robot’s skill. (Note: some companies have multiple skills — look for the one that says Robot Vacuum or Home.)
Tap Enable to Use
Follow the steps to link your account, which generally involve adding your username and password
Once the accounts are linked, a pop-up will appear confirming this, and the app will then prompt you to “Close this window to discover smart-home devices”
Tap Discover Devices on the next screen
After the robot vac is found, if you are not automatically taken to your device in the Alexa app, go to the Devices tab and tap Discovered Devices at the top
Tap on your robot’s entry and see the options you have in Alexa
Tap the settings icon to change the robot’s name to make it easier to give voice commands. (Pro Tip: Choose something like robot or vacuum as a name, rather than a person’s name, as this can confuse your voice assistant into thinking you want to call someone rather than run your robot.)
You’re done!
userbimQdaqjpJ
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Thank you so much for your help. Yes! I was able to add the Jet Bot to Alexa and then I created a routine to turn the vacuum on when I say Alexa, run the vacuum

The only options it seems to have is power on/off. Power on starts a cleaning cycle and I am assuming that power off will return the vacuum to home but I haven't verified that yet.