cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Can not factory reset smartthings hub v3

Hi,

I tried to connect my new samsung smartthings hub v3 (first attempt) but phone was not able to connect to hub (identified by QR scan). I unplugged and plugged it again, but than only blue led was flashing. I tried to set up the factory reset, but upon power on with holding the reset button, there was no yellow led blnking. Only blue led blinking again. Any suggestions, before I give up? Smiley Sad

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Can not factory reset smartthings hub v3

I'm sorry to hear that, have you had a chance to try the troubleshooting steps in the link below? 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00048958/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes, unfortunately - there was no flashing yellow led at all.

Only blue flashing persisted. My connection status via app stays in 20% (not able to connect to hub, since green/red led was not blinking).

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

My apologies, you would need to hold down the reset button for 30 seconds, but first, you would need to unplug the hub the insert the pin or toothpick and then plugged the devices back in and wait for the solid yellow light, you would also need to make sure to let go of the reset button once the light is solid yellow. Once this is completed you should wait 4 to 5 minutes and should flash red and green which mean it is in pairing mode. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I did all that, according to instructions:

- unplug

- press and hold reset

- plug 

- no yellow led! - only blue blinking

- release reset after 30+ seconds

- no success (blue still blinking)

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Here is some information on the lights blinking,

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/articles/205956920-What-do-the-LED-colors-on-the-Hub-mean-

If this does not help you can reach out to our smart things department for further help. Their number is: 1 (800) 726-7864