JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't Register Smartthings Hub - Serial Number Invalid

(Topic created: 11-22-2020 06:40 AM)
mfleck_gmail
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I'm trying to register my SmartThings hub on my Samsung account (from samsung.com).  When I enter ther serial number and click the "Register" button, I get an error message stating that the Serial # is invalid.  I definitely have the correct number from the back of the hub.  It begins with 3011 and has a total of 10 digits.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Smart Home Support

Hello there, I completely understand how frustrating this must be. If you haven't already I would recommend reaching out to our SmartThings Department directly at 1-800-Samsung. They would be able to assist you with this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
Smart Home Support

Hello there, I completely understand how frustrating this must be. If you haven't already I would recommend reaching out to our SmartThings Department directly at 1-800-Samsung. They would be able to assist you with this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
mfleckus_URI
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I have the exact same issue.  I wish there were a better way to get support than call an 800# and wait on hold for-who-knows-how-long.  Why not just allow people to open a request online and wait for the response?

This is the 21st century (isn't it?).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

You can also reach out via email at support@smartthings.com.

0 Likes