JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can't connect to any local network devices

(Topic created: 10-01-2020 12:00 PM)
user6qJtu4lEZx
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

What the ever loving is going on here?  Suddenly I can't access ANY local network devices from any others?  I've got a connection to the internet just fine, but I can't access any file shares, printers, or servers INSIDE MY OWN NETWORK!

This was not an issue less than 24 hours ago.  No changes have been made to my network.  I would reboot the router, but I'm on the job, and a reboot of the SmartThings WiFi system takes AT LEAST 10 minutes, and that's if it works the first time!  MOST of the time, it's a process that takes a MINIMUM of 3 tries, and USUALLY requires rebooting my cable modem at least twice in the process (and you can't blame the cable modem, because any OTHER router I plug into it works just fine and flipping dandy).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

For assistance with your SmartThings mesh system, please reach out directly to the SmartThings phone support at 866-813-2404, or via email at  support@smartthings.com.

View solution in context

11 Replies
DSyno
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

I have the same issue. Suddenly I can no longer connect to Chromecast or Sonos. Everything shows connected, but I can't actually connect to the devices.

Nothing changed on my end. I've tried rebooting everything.

I haven't had a single issue in a year, but now suddenly multiple devices on the network can't be accessed, even though everything shows they're connected.

Did Smartthings wifi just get a firmware update or something that broke all this?

0 Likes
userw6ofwKzFPS
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

i was able to print wirelessly when connected to my SmartThings wifi mesh network 3 days ago Sept 28, but something changed recently where i can't print to any of my 3 printers (Canon, Epson, HP) from any of my 4 computers (1 iMac, 3 Macbooks). i went through the motion of firmware updates, software updates, rebooting and resetting all devices...no success.

i decided to look at the SmartThings app. (the last time i opened it was less than a month ago.) i got a brief popup that the firmware was updated (000.031.00006). is this the cause?! 

when i connect all printers to my FiOS router's wifi network, i can print wirelessly, so something's definitely amiss in the SmartThings wifi hub. 

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

For assistance with your SmartThings mesh system, please reach out directly to the SmartThings phone support at 866-813-2404, or via email at  support@smartthings.com.

DSyno
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Does Samsung even respond here?

0 Likes
DSyno
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Everything started working again. How about you guys? Samsung pushed out a fix?

0 Likes
TransparentCell
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

So Monday night my hub went offline and has been offline ever since. I have tried to do a retart, I restarted my router, my hub, some devices and nothing. I tried taking out the batteries and leaving it unplugged for a little while and still nothing. I see on the Smartthign status website it shows that hubs are under maintnenace. I also see on the reddit several people are having this issue. Has anyone ran into this and have a fix for it? 

Hub v2 

Connected through ethernet. 

Located in Missouri 

0 Likes
spud1986
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
having the same problem still unable to fix
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

The issue with SmartThings has been resolved. Are you able to connect at this time?

0 Likes
userw6ofwKzFPS
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

yes! all my printers print wirelessly again when connected to my SmartThings wifi network. what exactly was the fix? firware version is still the same...

0 Likes