JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can you Connect the Smart Tag to multiple Smartthings accounts?

(Topic created: 02-01-2021 10:01 PM)
JohnSheppard
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
So I pre-ordered a S21 ultra and S21 for myself and my wife. And so I received several smart tags. I connected one to my smartthings account and one to my wife's smartthings account. Even though we are members of the same Home, we can not locate eachothers tags. It says only the owner can locate the tag. Does anybody know how to locate the Smart Tag on both smartthinga accounts? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

You cannot add the tags to both accounts. However, you can invite someone to share the SmartThings account and allow them access to control the devices. 

To let your family or friends use your smart devices, you can invite them to be members of your SmartThings account. Just send out an invitation for a specific location in your account, and if they accept, they'll become official members. Now they can control or manage any of the connected devices in that location. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078860/ 

If these steps do not work, you will need to contact SmartThings. They may be reached using the following:

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk
UK support 0333 0000333

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

You cannot add the tags to both accounts. However, you can invite someone to share the SmartThings account and allow them access to control the devices. 

To let your family or friends use your smart devices, you can invite them to be members of your SmartThings account. Just send out an invitation for a specific location in your account, and if they accept, they'll become official members. Now they can control or manage any of the connected devices in that location. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078860/ 

If these steps do not work, you will need to contact SmartThings. They may be reached using the following:

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk
UK support 0333 0000333

JohnSheppard
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
well that stinks. there should be an option to share control of the Smart Tag with other home members.
Options
Smart Home Support
you can have 2fones 1tag! caveat is they must both be under same samsung account. I have n20u and s21u that connects simultaneously to same tag.
megaroeny
Halo
Options
Smart Home Support
I keep seeing this request come up. How did they not think of this from the start??
JohnSheppard
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
I don't know but one would think they would have. especially if they are competing with Tile
0 Likes
megaroeny
Halo
Options
Smart Home Support
Exactly. I still like my Tile more for features, but the Smart Tag is definitely more reliable and better built.
JohnSheppard
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
for sure. I've never had an issue connecting to the smart tag but the tile gives me issues sometimes.
0 Likes
megaroeny
Halo
Options
Smart Home Support
thankfully these things can be fixed with a software update. So I'm hoping for that
0 Likes
JohnSheppard
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
exactly. I'm hoping enough people complain about it and they make an update