Original topic:

Cannot enable smartthings HUB

(Topic created on: 1/14/19 6:31 PM)
userkuA4tSSKdY
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi,

I have installed 2 smartthings HUBs in 2 separate locations.  I'm trying to add a 3rd HUB using Iphone APP. All HUBS are the old SQUARE style.

On the Iphone APP...

1.  + Add New Location

2.  Confirm your country > United States > Continue

3.  Do you have a Hub ? > Yes, I have a Hub to connect

4.  Enter Code here > Code entered....but

I get an error message: "Your Code is invalid. Please check out..."

The code I used is written inside the HUB and on the documentation.  I thought perhaps it had been changed so I did a factory RESET but I get the same results.

I checked to see if the HUB was on my home network (LAN) and I can see the IP address  and can ping it too. 

Any ideas ?  Can I do any debugging or is this one headed for the scrap bin ?

BTW,  I did open it up and the board was not cleaned properly and still has flux on 1/3rd of the board.  Pretty sloppy manufacturing,  if you ask me.

2 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Smart Home Support

I would recommend reaching out directly to our Smartthings team at 866-813-2404 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
userkuA4tSSKdY
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Hi,

And thanks for the follow up. Yes, I was able to get the hub to connect. The nice lady at smartthings support told me how to reset the hub to factory settings. 

Ince I bavigated that I was able to connect my hub to the LAN.

take care,

Brian.

View solution in context