JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Connecting Samsung soundbar (Q800T) to an Amazon Alexa speaker group

(Topic created: 07-21-2022 05:53 AM)
user9APSSBNqQN
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Howdy. I have a Q800T. It is working on HDMI, and also working as an Alexa device. I can control it with my voice, and I can see it as a device in both the Samsung SmartThings and Amazon Alexa mobile apps.

I have a lot of Amazon Echo devices, and I use them as part of speaker groups to play multiroom audio (e.g. "Alexa, play Bob Dylan everywhere"). MY QUESTION: IS THERE A WAY FOR ME TO ADD THE Q800T TO AN ALEXA SPEAKER GROUP? It isn't showing up on a scan in HDMI, WiFi, or BT modes. Thanks!

userdJ32NKtQJF
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I have Q850T and I am having exactly the same issue.
Also, I am having the issue with sound breaking when streaming over WiFi.
Disappointing indeed. Let me know if you find a fix!

JeffD7
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Following this thread as I have the same issues with the Q850T - cannot join Alexa speaker group, and having audio drops when streaming music via WiFi/Amazon.

userKZFKb9hrmT
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I have the same issues with the Q950T - cannot join Alexa speaker group.  Any plans on get this to work?

userHvlwDSnlyq
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

SAME PROBLEM, FALSE ADVERTIZING ON EXPENSIVE PRODUCTS!!!!!!!!

MisterDave
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support
Everybody wants this, yet Samsung's engineering can't reply after 6 months. I bought a q800t and consider the "Alexa built-in" as false advertising.

A very, very poor customer service and poor product management. I will probably return both my q800t and qled q60a as I also have seen posts of q-symphony incompatibility.

What happened to Samsung being a leader in hi-tech home electronics?
nboxley
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Hey All,

I have found and created a Samsung Development request.

If you would really like this, please visit the link below, sign in with your samsung account and vote.

https://forum.developer.samsung.com/t/develop-amazon-alexa-multi-room-speaker-group-support-on-all-a...

Lets get this feature developed!

Cheers

0 Likes
userwh7FpS3J1m
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Cannot find... 😞

0 Likes
userK2m2TPMVt1
Asteroid
Options
Smart Home Support

Same problem here with my Q800T. Looks like Samsung have really messed up their Alexa integration on their soundbars:

• Sound drop-outs when playing music through Alexa
  • Alexa wake-word far too sensitive, getting triggering all the time
  • No ability to add to an Alexa Speaker Group
  • No ability to make calls to the soundbar

Unless Samsung fixes these issues, it looks like I will either have to return the soundbar or else start using my old Echo Dot again (neither of which is a great option).

0 Likes
usercdqv4PmCNl
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

@Anonymous 

Just wondering if there is an update to this?
There seem to be quite a few people here that expected this functionality to work.

Also, I tried looking into @nboxley 's link, but it looks like the page has been deleted, is this because some progress was made or because the request has been ignored?

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

Good afternoon. The functionality of adding your sound bar to an Alexa speaker group is not currently supported. This suggestion has been forwarded to our engineers, but I have no information as to when this might be added, or if it even can be added.