JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Extending my Smartthings Home Connect

(Topic created: 10-04-2020 02:20 PM)
Jim4
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I bought the Samsung Home Connect with three hubs (gen 3, I think).  Range was great for the house, but not the backyard. I read that you can extend your mesh network by adding another hub, so I bought the forth hub and it would not connect.  Someone posted that I needed a different model, so I sent it back and got the other one (Samsung WiFi Hub).  I just spent an hour trying to get this connected, but  Smartthings says this hub can't connect and must create a new network.  The specs say I can add more than just three hubs, so clearly I am doing something wrong.  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

For assistance with your WiFi Mesh system, please reach out directly to the Smart Things support team at 866-813-2404, or via email at  support@smartthings.com

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Smart Home Support

For assistance with your WiFi Mesh system, please reach out directly to the Smart Things support team at 866-813-2404, or via email at  support@smartthings.com

0 Likes
Jim4
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

Thanks, Lou.  I actually called support and got the answer, albeit not good news.  The Home Connect product is not compatible with the new hubs, now call Smartthings WiFi.  So, the only way to extend your 3-hub mesh is to buy an old Home Connect hub, if you can find it.  I found a used one on Amazon, but will probably just buy a new Mesh, not necessarily from Samsung.  

0 Likes