JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Smart Tag: Waterproof?

(Topic created: 01-22-2021 12:03 PM)
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
Is the new Galaxy Smart Tag waterproof, and if so what is it's rating? The product description doesn't say, the commercials were unclear on whether or not it's waterproof. I got one free with my order, and even contacted Samsung to ask and they didn't have a definitive answer and wanted me to call in. 
7 Replies
Patriot1776USA
Black Hole
Options
Smart Home Support
I would assume so, I mean everything else now a days is, would be kinda funny if it isn't. now on the rating that's a great question 🤔, hopefully a Samsung ambassador will answer
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support

Samsung is silent about waterprof/resistance.  This is all I could find on their page.  I found a drawing on GMSArena and it looks like there is a gasket where the device splits in half for battery replacement.

• General

Color

Black

• Weight

Product Weight

0.459 oz

Package Weight (lb)

• Dimensions

Product Dimensions (LxWxD)

1.54 x 1.54 x 0.39 Inches

Shipping Dimensions

2.27 x 3.46 x 0.76 Inches

• Bluetooth® Profiles

Bluetooth® Profiles

BLE 5.0

• Package Contents

Package Contents

SmartTag, Battery(attached), Quick Start Guide

• Battery Type

Battery Type

Replaceable CR2032 1ea

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
Interesting. Hopefully the Plus model will be somewhat waterproof. Ideally I would like to use it in case my dog goes missing and one that can't remain waterproof is not a safe bet for that task, despite the commercial advertising that use.
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Smart Home Support

Based on specifications, the Galaxy Smart Tag shows no water resistant or waterproof ratings. You can find more information here: https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/mobile-accessories/phones/samsung-galaxy-smart-tag-1-pack-black-ei...

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
Interesting. Hopefully the Plus model will be somewhat waterproof. Ideally I would like to use it in case my dog goes missing and one that can't remain waterproof is not a safe bet for that task, despite the commercial advertising that use
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Smart Home Support

I honestly completely agree, I think it certainly needs at least basic water resistant ratings because other people like myself exist that like to drop things everywhere we go, and sometimes they drop into puddles or other watery areas. lol

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userRiWRlqNYpo
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

Well, in my case, I forgot to put out the SmartTag off my trousers when it went to the washing machine (not intencionally obviously) and at the moment it has survived, it still works and is able to find my phone (and viceversa). But it is something I will make sure to not repeat :')