Original topic:

HDR unwatchable. Sort it out.

(Topic created on: 4/7/21 8:51 AM)
userdmzebRz0if
Astronaut
Options
Smart Home Support

I'm so annoyed that I bought a 4K TV.  I've had Samsung Tv's for years. Obviously I chose a 4K model when I changed it this time. BIG mistake. HUGE. HD content viewing is fantastic, but HDR on any streaming service is unwatchable. Why isn't there a way to turn it off? Turning up brightness results in a washed out image that still doesn't allow you to see what's going on on the screen. I keep waiting for a firmware update with some amazing improvement, but nothing. 

I don't understand this hasn't been sorted. It's hardly new technology. 

It's the most expensive TV I've bought, and now I wish I hadn't given my old one away. 

The internet has millions of people asking the same question; "Why is my HDR picture so dark?" 

3 Replies
Options
Smart Home Support
Without explaining all the luminescence levels like 300 to 500 cd/m² to peak now 2000 blah blah blah... almost every UHD HDR TV's only allow wide color gamut on certain sub sets of HDMI ports and its not always port 1 so check your manual and make sure it's a compatible HDMI 2.0b port. Once that's right then you'll probably need to enable UHD Deep Coloring or something similar to that in the settings menu for that specific port since by default, even on the compatible ports, it's disabled. Once done, check it and hit me up
0 Likes
useroBBzaYl97t
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support

I'm having the same issue and it looks like a lot of other new owners of the Samsung TVs are too. I'm not even using an HDMI cable as I simply have my TV plugged into power and connected to WiFi. 

0 Likes
Options
Smart Home Support
What are you using to cast the HDR, it's settings and from what device?
0 Likes