JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to do we open the Smart Home UI

(Topic created: 09-04-2022 09:56 AM)
Vamc77
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
Yesterday, I noticed a new UI screen for the smart home devices. It had a drop down on the top left to chose between Google Home and smart things and whatever devices are registered under that specific smart home app.

I opened this screen unknowingly and would love to know how to get to this again. 

I'm on S22 Ultra. Screenshot attached in comments. 
9 Replies
Vamc77
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
Screenshot attached.Screenshot_20220903-144646_One UI Home_18635_1662234406.jpg
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Smart Home Support

Open your SmartThings app

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Vamc77
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
That's not the smart things app.
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Smart Home Support

It's not Google Home either so it must be one of your added Smart apps.  Looks pretty close to my SmartThings app.   I've got an app for every different brand of smart device, you might also. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Vamc77
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
Ya, none of the Smart apps, when I looked at the app info all it said was Android 12.0. And it did include option to switch right there between Google home and smart things. So thinking it's part of the Android.
Would love if some could identify it and how to get to it.
0 Likes
Solution
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support
It's called the devices panel, to reach it
1.Swipe down from the top of your screen
2. Swipe down again (to expand the panel)
3. Tap on the button labeled " Device control" (screenshot attached)

You can also move this button to show up on the first swipe by
1. expanding the panel
2. Tapping on the ... (Top right next to settings)
3. tapping quick panel layout
4. Tapping 'Device control and media output buttons"
5. Set to " show always"

Hope this helps šŸ™‚Screenshot_20220904_115339_17223_1662310419.png
bill-e
Options
Smart Home Support

Yea, I knew that too šŸ˜‰ 

Bill
---
0 Likes
Vamc77
Constellation
Options
Smart Home Support
Thank You so much. Now I feel dumb. I already have it enabled to use the media contol and I use it regularly. But never bothered to look next to it.
N0Y0U2114
Comet
Options
Smart Home Support
Don't worry, we all miss things sometimes