cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChristianDiscer
Constellation

Incompatible WiFi devices SmartThings Wifi Mesh Router?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Simple question - The documentation speaks much about connecting to smart devices.  I would hope other non-smart devices like printers, VISIO TV's, Google Chromecast, and the like can connect to the Internet too, YES?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: Incompatible WiFi devices SmartThings Wifi Mesh Router?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The WiFi mesh router is a SmartThings hub and a standard router in the same package. Yes all those other things can connect to the internet on the WiFi side as long as you can specify a network to connect to on the device itself. They would connect just like connecting to the router you already have. As a bonus, you have Z-Wave and ZigBee modules on the SmartThings side to automate your home/office/wherever.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The WiFi mesh router is a SmartThings hub and a standard router in the same package. Yes all those other things can connect to the internet on the WiFi side as long as you can specify a network to connect to on the device itself. They would connect just like connecting to the router you already have. As a bonus, you have Z-Wave and ZigBee modules on the SmartThings side to automate your home/office/wherever.

---My Signature---
If you're anticipating a follow up to one of my posts, please like my post or tag me. I don't generally go back to posts I have replied to unless I get pointed there.

View solution in original post

ChristianDiscer
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you - your confirmation was helpful. Smiley Very Happy